Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

Can there be a better fit for a couple amps?!?! I couldn't believe how lucky I got when they dropped into place like they were made for it!

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #22

Nice! Don't you just love it when I plan comes together so perfectly? :-)

I installed my amp/DSP gear in the spare tire-well of my 2018 Dodge Challenger (doesn't come with a spare tire - just a "tire inflator kit", which is an electric pump and some tire goo to seal a tire and a big styrofoam organize where the spare tire would normally go). I was actually even able to secure the amp board with the spare-tire hold-down bolt that you would use if you did have a spare tire! Worked out perfectly - and 100% "hidden". Class D amps give you a lot of flexibility when it comes to mounting locations due to their size and limited heat generation.

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Nice! Don't you just love it when I plan comes together so perfectly? :-)

I installed my amp/DSP gear in the spare tire-well of my 2018 Dodge Challenger (doesn't come with a spare tire - just a "tire inflator kit", which is an electric pump and some tire goo to seal a tire and a big styrofoam organize where the spare tire would normally go). I was actually even able to secure the amp board with the spare-tire hold-down bolt that you would use if you did have a spare tire! Worked out perfectly - and 100% "hidden". Class D amps give you a lot of flexibility when it comes to mounting locations due to their size and limited heat generation.
    Yeah, that's cool! Gotta love it when things fall into place like that... I don't think I'll ever go back to class A/B, with as good as Ds are these days... There seems to be nothing to gain with A/B other than size and heat.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #24

After lots of math, the Fi is out... It needs too big of a box. I am also considering the Hutchinson ETA10", now... So it's between the NDFED 1-10" and the ETA 10". The NDFEB will be hard to fit, too, so I might just have to "settle" for the ETA.

ETA

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #25

A little more detail on the box...

I'll add some detail to the body of the box, by making it in separate panels, and then carpet and tuck them before assembly... The sideways L shaped panel gap will have a strip of aluminum bent and pushed in between them to sorta outline the box and bring more attention to the fact that it is cantilevered-ish.

The support on the hanging side will come from 2 aluminum legs that will be bolted to the body of the Jeep, but they won't be visible at first glance.

The port will come out of the driver's side unless there is a technical reason why this is not good.

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #26

Based on all of your other work, I'm sure the results will look fantastic! I wish I had 10% of the fabrication skills that you have. :-)

7. Back To Top    #27
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I am really excited to see how your build turns out. I'm with jtrosky, your fabrication skills are top notch. I honestly think your last box is the benchmark for the coolest one I've ever seen. I'm also a sucker for the all-plexi ones that Bobby Gately builds. That Hutchinson will look amazing in what ever you build.

8. Back To Top    #28

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Based on all of your other work, I'm sure the results will look fantastic! I wish I had 10% of the fabrication skills that you have. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    I am really excited to see how your build turns out. I'm with jtrosky, your fabrication skills are top notch. I honestly think your last box is the benchmark for the coolest one I've ever seen. I'm also a sucker for the all-plexi ones that Bobby Gately builds. That Hutchinson will look amazing in what ever you build.
    Hey, thanks very much guys! Now I am under immense pressure to make this thing live up to your words!!!

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #29
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

10. Back To Top    #30

hopefully bend radii for power wires leave you room for RCAs on the back side. might have to use something with small ends, like stinger 4000s