Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #221

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

I got a little side tracked from the sub box and started mocking up a little enclosure for the remote. It absolutely will not fit anywhere else, but right where it's going... I do like having the volume and bass knob right at my finger tips while my arm is resting on the armrest.

Obviously it won't be cardboard! I'll use some 1/4" plywood (of course) to make the structure and wrap it in vinyl upholstery to match the center console. The top will not show the MiniDSP logo, there will be an aluminum cover or faceplate to finish it off.
    Last edited by DavidRam; 03-24-2020 at 11:01 PM.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #222

Haha, your cardboard even fits and looks good

3. Back To Top    #223

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    Haha, your cardboard even fits and looks good
    Thanks! It was the third one I made after different shapes, sizes and angles... The remote will actually lean forward a little, to give it more of a gap from the center console lid and allow me to add a larger volume knob.

The finishes will be similar to the one I made for my Mazda. I might even be able to cut it and use it...

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #224
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Ya, Just paint the cardboard. It will last longer than you owning this Jeep. LoL!!! Seriously, beatiful work and I can't wait to see how this turns out. You are a master crafter.

5. Back To Top    #225

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    Ya, Just paint the cardboard. It will last longer than you owning this Jeep. LoL!!! Seriously, beatiful work and I can't wait to see how this turns out. You are a master crafter.

Thank you! You are probably right about that... ^^^ Lol. To be fair to myself and Wranglers, I kept my last one for 3 years which is about the longest I have ever kept a vehicle! Plus, I really love this thing...

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #226
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

If you add a bigger knob you may as well make it go up to ELEVEN
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #227

You can see the angle better here:

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #228

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    If you add a bigger knob you may as well make it go up to ELEVEN
    Yes, the larger volume knob actually makes the system louder. It's science.

The only down side to a larger volume knob, is the increased unsprung weight which slows down the twist velocity when you want to turn it up really fast.

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #229

Nothing exciting. Just got the window's mounting frame done... You guys can see how OCD I am about things fitting perfectly.

The radius of the acrylic window was supposed to be 1/4", but it came in 5/16" (maybe from polishing?). So I had to adjust the radius up for the outer cut out and down for the inside cutout... Blah blah blah

Too close to the edge?! I had to use the M5 tee nuts because I got some special hardware for the window. I had to trim them flush with the opening. I'm pretty sure 8 automotive grade bolts will hold the window really well.

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #230

I'm having a hard time deciding on lights for this box... I keep leaning toward red for the box and amp rack, but I am also thinking of two or more colors simultaneously. Maybe a combination of white and red in different spots, or red and blue?

#TRUMP2020