Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Well, time for a middle aged Krout to sew his wild oats again

In all seriousness sorry to hear about the big D. At least you don't have kids to drag through it...at least I hope you don't.
    Thanks. I have 2 kids...

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    @DavidRam - I see that you sold (or are selling) your Helix gear. Are you going back to MiniDSP for this build? If so, are you going the DiracLive route? Just curious.
    Yes, I am done with the annoying Helix and I will definitely be going Mini w/DL.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #12

Interested to hear how it works out for you. Personally, I love my Helix DSP.3 and find the software very "intuitive" for the most part - there are always things that I won't like or wish would be different, but overall, I really like the hardware and the software for the Helix. That being said, everyone is different and you have to go with what you are comfortable with.

Like I said, very interested to hear how things go with the MiniDSP DL - looking forward to updates! Congrats on the new Jeep! :-)

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Yep, sorry to disappoint guys, it's not a Trackhawk... I'm getting a divorce and so it's the wrong time for a $100k car purchase...
    Apologies for my "Trackhawk? " Shout yesterday, in response to your "big changes coming" (or the like) Shout. I have only just now noticed this thread.

So sorry to hear about your divorce, David.

Congratulations on your new Wrangler and build. Looking forward to following along.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Sorry to hear David .

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Sorry David to read about the marriage situation. Following to see where this goes. Your threads are always interesting.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Yes, I am done with the annoying Helix and I will definitely be going Mini w/DL.
    What did you find annoying about the Helix?

7. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by flgfish View Post
    What did you find annoying about the Helix?
    It started with an annoying install issue and I just couldn't get comfortable with the software... I found it not very intuitive, at least not for my brain. It also lacked well laid out and detailed instructions for the end user, imho. I had great success with MiniDSP's software... It is really modern and easy to use, and with the Dirac Live it's right up my alley. I just don't want to spend weeks and weeks tuning, I don't enjoy it much.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #18

I have decided on the drivers: Morel Elate MT350 tweeters & CDM880 mids, and Hybrid MW6 midbass. Got a great deal from my local dealer.

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #19

I have narrowed the subs down for this build - it's between the Hutchinson NDFEB 1-10" and the Fi BTL Neo 12". I just need to see which will fit better...

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #20

The sub enclosure idea, is a cantilever box... I haven't worked out all the details yet, but here is a rough sketch:

#TRUMP2020