Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #121

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

Nice! An all the more interesting and challenging concept, given the great size and weight of that sub and the scale of the cantilever.

2. Back To Top    #122

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Nice! An all the more interesting and challenging concept, given the great size and weight of that sub and the scale of the cantilever.
    The more I look at the sub the more I reconsider the design, though... I might come up with some more rugged and tough looking. Maybe something like a guitar amp look with those corner guards on it and some areas with bed liner.

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #123
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Hell yes! And a Jeep grille for the sides, or something.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #124

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    The more I look at the sub the more I reconsider the design, though... I might come up with some more rugged and tough looking. Maybe something like a guitar amp look with those corner guards on it and some areas with bed liner.
    It really would be something, though. I think it's a great idea. Given those invisible supports, a well-made box, and assuming the box were otherwise adequately mounted to the vehicle, I don't see any inherent structural issues.

5. Back To Top    #125

...Just one other thought, FWIW: Depending on the size of the window opening and how the Plexiglass window is mounted, it could present considerable reduction in the shear strength of that enclosure panel. When adequately mounted, a substantial Plexiglass window should regain much of the original shear strength of that enclosure panel.

6. Back To Top    #126

...Just one other thought, FWIW: Depending on the size of the window opening and how the Plexiglass window is mounted, it could present considerable reduction in the shear strength of that enclosure panel. When adequately mounted, a substantial Plexiglass window should regain much of the original shear strength of that enclosure panel.

For sure. I'll take some things I learned from my "fancy" sub box build and improve on those for the plexiglass window... It will be 1/2" thick and mounted with automotive grade bolts and nuts.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #127

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post

For sure. I'll take some things I learned from my "fancy" sub box build and improve on those for the plexiglass window... It will be 1/2" thick and mounted with automotive grade bolts and nuts.
    While I might be overthinking this, I would be inclined to use a number of alignment pins or the like, or perhaps a suitable adhesive, in addition to the fasteners, in order to be absolutely sure that once the Plexiglass has been permanently mounted, there cannot be any sort of shifting or slippage that might in any way degrade the long-term shear strength of the enclosure-panel-to-Plexiglass-window assembly ...if that makes sense.

8. Back To Top    #128

While I might be overthinking this, I would be inclined to use a number of alignment pins or the like, or perhaps a suitable adhesive, in addition to the fasteners, in order to be absolutely sure that once the Plexiglass has been permanently mounted, there cannot be any sort of shifting or slippage that might in any way degrade the long-term shear strength of the enclosure-panel-to-Plexiglass-window assembly ...if that makes sense.
    My concern with an adhesive is being able to see the sloppy line through the plexiglass, that would drive my ocd bonkers... but I hear what you are saying. As you know by now, aesthetics and function are equally important to me.

I'm not saying I know what I'm doing, I'm saying that I'll have to figure it out! Lol

Here, the weight of the sub is on these bolts, too:

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #129

...yes, ugly adhesive ...which is why I suggested the use of alignment pins in addition to the fasteners.

10. Back To Top    #130

To you other JL guys, the factory pods are actually ported with some degree of tuning... I actually think the pod and sound could be improved upon with better 4"(?) speakers, especially if one was to determine the port tuning and match it with the aftermarket speaker.

Where my thumb is

#TRUMP2020