Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

I want to do something different with this one... The goal is LOUD with a fair amount of SQ, and a sorta inconspicuous installation as it will be parked with the top off sometimes. Unfortunately, there will be no chrome anywhere in this Jeep, so the AudioFrogs will all be for sale.

I am thinking 3 way:

Midbass
    It has small pods in the dash, that might be just about useless (I'll have to pull them out and take a closer look), so I am thinking about midbass in the kick panels. No clue on what drivers to look at.

Tweeters/Midrange
    The dash has some midranges I believe, so there is some room up there, but not much. Drivers must be small, thin and sealed back, but no clue on those either.

Sub
    I can't fit more than a 10" if I want to down fire the sub in the trunk. It has to be a beefy 10", though, it will get 2,000 watts at 2 ohm. Or maybe two 8"s.

Source
    Fiio X5 digtal to dsp

DSP
    MiniDSP 8x12 with Dirac Live

The only equipment I am keeping from my previous are the amps, Mmats Hifi6150 (150 watts x 6) and M2000.2.

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

Wait wait wait... back the Jeep up. What the what?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

No Trackhawk? Still, nice looking Jeep. I think something of the pro audio variety would be what you need. For a sub whatever you go with I'd go ported since you want big output with still pretty good SQ.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Wait wait wait... back the Jeep up. What the what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    No Trackhawk? Still, nice looking Jeep. I think something of the pro audio variety would be what you need. For a sub whatever you go with I'd go ported since you want big output with still pretty good SQ.
    Yep, sorry to disappoint guys, it's not a Trackhawk... I'm getting a divorce and so it's the wrong time for a $100k car purchase...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

To me, Trackhawk and Wrangler is like sex with your cousin. It might be fun but it just ain't right. I just traded my 2012 Wrangler for my 4Runner. I love Jeeps but have gone back and fourth from Jeep to 4Runner. Four times actually, my wife thinks I'm crazy.
    Meh, it'll play.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Man, I love the new Wrangler, and completely understand your choice.

Very sorry to hear about the divorce though my friend. That has to be a very difficult time for you both and your families.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    To me, Trackhawk and Wrangler is like sex with your cousin. It might be fun but it just ain't right. I just traded my 2012 Wrangler for my 4Runner. I love Jeeps but have gone back and fourth from Jeep to 4Runner. Four times actually, my wife thinks I'm crazy.
    I hear ya... This is my ninth Jeep product, so I guess I am quite the fan!

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Man, I love the new Wrangler, and completely understand your choice.

Very sorry to hear about the divorce though my friend. That has to be a very difficult time for you both and your families.
    Thank you. This is my third failed marriage so I am getting used to going through this... Lol

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Well, time for a middle aged Krout to sew his wild oats again

In all seriousness sorry to hear about the big D. At least you don't have kids to drag through it...at least I hope you don't.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

10. Back To Top    #10

@DavidRam - I see that you sold (or are selling) your Helix gear. Are you going back to MiniDSP for this build? If so, are you going the DiracLive route? Just curious.