Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #371
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

I'm glad your happy with your tune Really wish I could listen to this in person.

A few notes on our "3hr" tune for those following along:

This was the first time I used a remote control app (team viewer) to tune a vehicle. It's pretty straight forward but we were disconnected a couple times for unknown reasons and once was completely my fault because I accidently closed the team viewer window instead of the minidsp plugin window within the remote window. I also, more than once, opened the Dirac app on my own PC instead of in the remote window then spent several minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't connect to the DSP or find the saved files to load
    I also took some extra time to explain each step I was performing and why so David knew what was going on. Then we had the vehicle ignition time out on us mid operation a couple times. I think we could have completed the tune more quickly without the extra time these things added.

The other thing that needs to be mentioned is that now that there is a saved set of measurements (and as long as the same listening position and xover points will be used) it will literally only take 5 minutes to connect the Dirac app, load the saved file, adjust the target curve and re-optimize in order to achieve a new "tune".

Of course, the "2 seat" tune will require a new set of measurements. Also, Dirac will attempt to correct tonality, phase, and IR issues for both seats but it will not be able to image the same from both seats. The imaging will be a compromise between the two listening positions unless there is another processor upstream that can perform the appropriate up-mixing for a center channel.

2. Back To Top    #372

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    I'm glad your happy with your tune Really wish I could listen to this in person.

A few notes on our "3hr" tune for those following along:

This was the first time I used a remote control app (team viewer) to tune a vehicle. It's pretty straight forward but we were disconnected a couple times for unknown reasons and once was completely my fault because I accidently closed the team viewer window instead of the minidsp plugin window within the remote window. I also, more than once, opened the Dirac app on my own PC instead of in the remote window then spent several minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't connect to the DSP or find the saved files to load
    I also took some extra time to explain each step I was performing and why so David knew what was going on. Then we had the vehicle ignition time out on us mid operation a couple times. I think we could have completed the tune more quickly without the extra time these things added.

The other thing that needs to be mentioned is that now that there is a saved set of measurements (and as long as the same listening position and xover points will be used) it will literally only take 5 minutes to connect the Dirac app, load the saved file, adjust the target curve and re-optimize in order to achieve a new "tune".

Of course, the "2 seat" tune will require a new set of measurements. Also, Dirac will attempt to correct tonality, phase, and IR issues for both seats but it will not be able to image the same from both seats. The imaging will be a compromise between the two listening positions unless there is another processor upstream that can perform the appropriate up-mixing for a center channel.
    Yep, agreed... I look forward to having more fun with Dirac next week! Who knows, maybe I will start to learn it for myself, too!

It's a fascinating program!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #373

Made the last beauty panel

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #374

I gave the Jeep a minor lift with Rubicon springs and Fox shocks.

Last edited by DavidRam; 06-29-2020 at 11:46 AM.

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #375

Really Enjoyed watching this entire build take shape... Excellent job, fantastic looking results. Really like the MiniDSP, I too can tune, but honestly the A/F DSP's I own (match UP7BMW , Helix PP86DSP, and a BAVSOUND) all had out of the box tunes for my cars and drivers that were ok... the tuning software was not intuitive and thus I never got my own tune down. miniDSP and that software look really promising.

Curious about what drivers seat you swapped... Looks like it has more bolstering than the passenger.

6. Back To Top    #376

Quote Originally Posted by Dakine_surf View Post
    Really Enjoyed watching this entire build take shape... Excellent job, fantastic looking results. Really like the MiniDSP, I too can tune, but honestly the A/F DSP's I own (match UP7BMW , Helix PP86DSP, and a BAVSOUND) all had out of the box tunes for my cars and drivers that were ok... the tuning software was not intuitive and thus I never got my own tune down. miniDSP and that software look really promising.

Curious about what drivers seat you swapped... Looks like it has more bolstering than the passenger.
    Thanks a lot!!!

The driver's seat is just the factory seat... I had my issues with Helix software, too, but the MiniDSP is a dream so far!

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #377
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

David,

I was actually thinking the other day to myself how that box and subwoofer is working out? I’m curious on how it sounds and how much you had to message the bass response? Hoping you’re liking how it sounds so far. The whole installation looks awesome and wish I could be there to hear it too.e
    Last edited by JCsAudio; 06-29-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

8. Back To Top    #378

I too am wondering how the sub has been working out, and what sort of tweaking it has taken to get the response just right.

Nice job inside and out. She's a beauty!

9. Back To Top    #379

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    David,

I was actually thinking the other day to myself how that box and subwoofer is working out? I’m curious on how it sounds and how much you had to message the bass response? Hoping you’re liking how it sounds so far. The whole installation looks awesome and wish I could be there to hear it too.e
    Thanks man, it's working really well! I think it has even improved with a little time to break in... It's a really versatile sub, because it will blow your ears out if you want or you can turn it down and blend nicely with the front for some sq listening. I do wonder if I could play with the crossovers and dirac a bit and get more upfront bass with higher levels to the sub... Meaning more bass heavy, yet still on the dash. Ryan if you're reading this, I'll need to find some time for another session with you.

Next up for the Jeep is LED headlights, fog lights and clear side markers. I am so swamped at work these days, I hardly have time for hobbies.

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #380

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    I too am wondering how the sub has been working out, and what sort of tweaking it has taken to get the response just right.

Nice job inside and out. She's a beauty!
    Thank you! Above response is to you as well...

#TRUMP2020