Thread: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

1. Back To Top    #271
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: New Build - 2019 JL Wrangler 2 door

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post

David, I wish I had even half of yours and others' immense creative drive.
    Same here. Well, I can think of some wild and creative stuff but putting it into practice involves fabrication skills I don't have the patience to at least be good enough at to fudge it in.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

2. Back To Top    #272

David, I wish I had even half of yours and others' immense creative drive.
    Thanks!!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #273

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Same here. Well, I can think of some wild and creative stuff but putting it into practice involves fabrication skills I don't have the patience to at least be good enough at to fudge it in.
    Well, it's more of a disease than anything... My dad was an extreme perfectionist and I may be the same, but add OCD to that mix! If there is so much as a small flaw or a design aspect that doesn't sit well with me, I will work and work until it's fixed. Or I will shit-can the whole thing and start from scratch. Even flaws that won't be seen, eat at me... It's not really healthy to be like this, but I get by! Lol
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #274
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Well, it's more of a disease than anything... My dad was an extreme perfectionist and I may be the same, but add OCD to that mix! If there is so much as a small flaw or a design aspect that doesn't sit well with me, I will work and work until it's fixed. Or I will shit-can the whole thing and start from scratch. Even flaws that won't be seen, eat at me... It's not really healthy to be like this, but I get by! Lol
    I'm that way on certain things but for the most part "good enough" is good enough, lol. But the things I expect to be as close to perfect as possible need to be that way or it drives me bonkers.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #275

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    I'm actually quite comfortable with the fabrication aspect, and with the associated patience and tedium. It's the creative/conceptual aspects that escape me ...and, well, the impetus, I suppose ...sort of like a professional mechanic or fabricator who never seems to get around to working on his own car or building his own cool stuff; if that makes sense.

6. Back To Top    #276
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    I totally get it. I have things that need to be as close to perfect as possible but most of the time "good enough" is good enough. I'm good at putting lipstick on a pig so to speak when time and/or skills won't allow the job to be done professionally.

7. Back To Top    #277

I am sooooo glad I went with red lights! I was testing it out today before I finally seal the box up... Also, wanted to make sure you can not see the LEDs themselves at all. This has become a pet peeve of mine, I hate seeing the individual diodes reflected.

This is the view you will have into the box once it's all sealed up.

No individual diodes visible!!! Actually, the picture doesn't do the lighting justice, if looks kinda like fire!

Last edited by DavidRam; 04-12-2020 at 10:52 PM.

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #278

Damn, that looks SICK!

9. Back To Top    #279

Damn, that looks SICK!
    Thank you! When I saw it lit up, I think I giggled like a teenage girl!

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #280

After seeing how much I like the red, I might end up going red everywhere, instead of the red, white and blue theme I mentioned earlier...

#TRUMP2020