1. Back To Top    #91
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

Re: 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 w/8.4" Uconnect

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    That is great info to know!!!
    Chit, now I'm having an issue with my rear-parking chime not chiming when I go into reverse and set off the 2nd and 3rd level warnings. Need to figure out why. The sound should be coming from the front speakers, but thinking maybe the system directs this chime through the center-channel? I need to play around with it a bit more tonight.

2. Back To Top    #92
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Good info. I keep looking at the driver's side because there is supposed to be space there where the battery would be on ETorque models - and it would allow much shorter runs of wire.

But along the bottom would work too... that's not a bad idea at all. Probably allow easier access for any troubleshooting or the DSP/Amplifier controls.
    Don't know why I never responded to this. The reason I chose to go the passenger side is because of the 60/40 split seats. Having a larger portion of the seat to fold down makes it easier to access all my components.

3. Back To Top    #93
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by cueball981 View Post
    Chit, now I'm having an issue with my rear-parking chime not chiming when I go into reverse and set off the 2nd and 3rd level warnings. Need to figure out why. The sound should be coming from the front speakers, but thinking maybe the system directs this chime through the center-channel? I need to play around with it a bit more tonight.
    Chit, how is everything going? Been a while since we both posted up anything.

4. Back To Top    #94

About to start my amp rack in my Ram. Did you end up having enough room behind your rear passenger seat?

5. Back To Top    #95
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Dep668 View Post
    About to start my amp rack in my Ram. Did you end up having enough room behind your rear passenger seat?
    Dep668, so sorry for the delay. No, I haven't gotten to it. I really need to though. Going to try another whack at it this weekend. It's tough to do when it's 110+ degrees outside. LOL!

On a different note...

I am sooooo happy with my decision to use the JBL GTO 329s and 939s for my front stage. Along with the 4 ID8s, it sounds awesome!

With the help of 2 awesome fellow members on this site, I've managed to really pinpoint my center-stage for vocals. Amazing given I'm using speakers that cost less than $50 and $100 per pair! I am now a firm believer you don't have to spend a fortune on esoteric equipment to net amazing results.

If anyone is in the Phoenix area and would like to meet up, I'd be happy to audition it for you! We also have a group that meets every 2nd Saturday of the month. The more the merrier!