Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do you buy your car audio equipment?

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: Where do you buy your car audio equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Yeah it's sad how they try to push crap on people and tell them it's the best because they sell it. Educated consumers are their worst nightmare.
    This is exactly why I don't go into Car Audio shops anymore...
    1. Most of them don't know what the eff they're talking about. Good knowledgeable shops are few and far between.
    2. They talk about how great 'their' product is... and trash everything else. Amateur salesmen, with a pathetic approach to sales.
    3. Then you go back a couple months later, and they have dropped that line and picked-up a new brand... same cycle; trash the old line, and hype the new stuff!
    New Car... Stock Stereo

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Vehicle
    4Runner & Altima Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post
    This is exactly why I don't go into Car Audio shops anymore...
    1. Most of them don't know what the eff they're talking about. Good knowledgeable shops are few and far between.
    2. They talk about how great 'their' product is... and trash everything else. Amateur salesmen, with a pathetic approach to sales.
    3. Then you go back a couple months later, and they have dropped that line and picked-up a new brand... same cycle; trash the old line, and hype the new stuff!
    I travel 500 miles each way to visit my "local car audio shop". I go there about five or six times a year. Definitely worth the trip.
    I've got a budget of $1,000. That should be more than enough.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
    I travel 500 miles each way to visit my "local car audio shop". I go there about five or six times a year. Definitely worth the trip.
    Well... Florence, AL is just an exception

4. Back To Top    #24

I purchase everything on-line. No offense to the local car audio shops, but I have absolutely no desire to go there, just so I can pay more and have a more limited selection.... I feel no "allegiance" to local car audio shops like some do. To me, car audio is no different than other "thing" - and online is where it's at these days. Cheaper, more selection, open 24x7 and I don't even have to go out into the cold/heat/rain/snow (take your pick) to do my shopping. Sure, I can't "demo" different speakers, for example, but honestly, what those speakers sound like in that car audio store tells you nothing about how they will sound in your vehicle anyway, right?

I know this won't be a popular thing among a lot of the die-hard car audio folks, but I'm just being honest. :-) I do not miss driving around to different stores/malls like I used to when I was younger. Online and delivery is where it's at for me.

5. Back To Top    #25

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    I purchase everything on-line. No offense to the local car audio shops, but I have absolutely no desire to go there, just so I can pay more and have a more limited selection.... I feel no "allegiance" to local car audio shops like some do. To me, car audio is no different than other "thing" - and online is where it's at these days. Cheaper, more selection, open 24x7 and I don't even have to go out into the cold/heat/rain/snow (take your pick) to do my shopping. Sure, I can't "demo" different speakers, for example, but honestly, what those speakers sound like in that car audio store tells you nothing about how they will sound in your vehicle anyway, right?

I know this won't be a popular thing among a lot of the die-hard car audio folks, but I'm just being honest. :-) I do not miss driving around to different stores/malls like I used to when I was younger. Online and delivery is where it's at for me.
    The brutal truth...
    New Car... Stock Stereo

6. Back To Top    #26

I used to love going to my local shops looking for close-out/clearance deals (some local shops have/had trade-in/used section) which I loved wheel'in-N-deal'in on. Now they still have used/pre-owned stuff but ask wayyy too much for it and the employees just DGAF. Most are on commission so if you're looking for deals they just don't care or try to up-sell Me and I eventually just leave (and the store is empty with no customers). I MAY stop by 1-2 times a year just to see if they have anything worth while, but over the past few years they'll try to sell me "old-stock" at retail or higher. And the other thing is my price sensitivity is way skewed from retail having been in car audio for so long and buying used/online.

I try to get them to budge lower than retail just to take the product off their hands but they just won't. I still love the "deals" I find once in a while but I only stop by if I'm in that part of town and have time. I by no means make it a point or a direct mission to go to my local shops anymore.

I still prefer going to the mall/store to try things on (I play sports) so I'll always try-before-I-buy when it comes to clothes and shoes. (plus returns/exchanges are instant/easy)

7. Back To Top    #27
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

My favorite shop closed a few years ago. They sold better stuff but at the end of the day, most would go down the road the the other store. The other store sold lower end products and the kids working there are lazy asshats that don't know crap but the buyers could get two twelves cheaper there so off they went. Very few cared about quality.

Now I buy everything but lumber online.
    Meh, it'll play.

8. Back To Top    #28

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    but the buyers could get two twelves cheaper there so off they went.
    That's the exact same logic that keeps crap like this selling:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eg110000d.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	8435
    Dummies that think they're getting 10,000 watts... for $235.00
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	8434  
    New Car... Stock Stereo

9. Back To Top    #29

Looks like a Mosconi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Me Italian is flea market price. Me reel gud. blat blat blat.
    Last edited by Hillbilly SQ; 12-22-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.