Thread: Subliminal Star Trek?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Eric

Subliminal Star Trek?

Several weeks back, I was watching something on CBS, probably SEAL Team. During a commercial break which I was fast-forwarding through, I caught sight of what I thought was thought was a Star Trek Insignia, so I backed up and played it at normal speed. For just the briefest moment, something similar to this popped up and disappeared;
    Name:  StarTrekInsignia.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  7.4 KB

I said to my wife "CBS is about to announce a new Star Trek series..." She scoffed

Fast forward a week, and low and behold, CBS announces the web series; Star Trek: Picard
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Picard

Whaddya know, this subliminal shit really works!

Any Star Trek fans on the site?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Subliminal Star Trek?

Interesting.

One of my best friends growing up was HUGE into Star Trek. Had every figure, the trading cards, all the video games, board games, the Shuttle, cases... We went to the movies to watch Generations back in 1994, and that dude was absolutely ecstatic at seeing Picard and Kirk together on the same screen.

I remember watching the new movie a few years ago with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto and thinking, wow... I bet he was absolutely cringing at these new films.

But, I liked them. Actually, enjoyed the newer films better than the original movies. Maybe because I wasn't into it as much as he was?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Where have you been?

They officially announced it back in May, and have slowly been building hype for it https://www.startrek.com/news/star-t...upfronts-title

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

hmmmm. I saw the announcement said on Amazon Prime in over 200 countries. I wonder if that means at the same time as CBS in countries outside of the US or just that eventually it will release on Prime for US and 200 other countries. If immediately on Prime then I'll use my VPN to watch it Unless of course they determine your region by your account home address....

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Where have you been?

They officially announced it back in May, and have slowly been building hype for it https://www.startrek.com/news/star-t...upfronts-title
    I don't get out much... I just thought it was kind of cool how the whole subliminal thing actually caught my eye... or maybe it's sad, not sure which?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I think it's cool that you caught it!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    Several weeks back, I was watching something on CBS, probably SEAL Team. During a commercial break which I was fast-forwarding through, I caught sight of what I thought was thought was a Star Trek Insignia, so I backed up and played it at normal speed. For just the briefest moment, something similar to this popped up and disappeared;
    Name:  StarTrekInsignia.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  7.4 KB

I said to my wife "CBS is about to announce a new Star Trek series..." She scoffed

Fast forward a week, and low and behold, CBS announces the web series; Star Trek: Picard
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Picard

Whaddya know, this subliminal shit really works!

Any Star Trek fans on the site?
    I don't know why they don't just bring Star Trek: Discovery back to tv. I also don't see the need in doing a series about Picard, there was nothing interesting about him at all, except his jackass brother.