Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Bang for the buck TOWER speakers

1. Back To Top    #81
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Re: Bang for the buck TOWER speakers

Oh , OK
    [ I still think he could order them and then send them back to the place he bought the $450.00 ones from and pocket whatever the difference between $140 & $450 is ]?

If he is curious about quality , just replace screws with some from a local hardware store. Now take the same high quality screws from china and run em into a throw away piece of wood ( if your cordless twist the head off ? ).
    Last edited by Queef; 12-27-2019 at 03:47 PM.

2. Back To Top    #82

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Queef sent me a pm last night basically telling me the Elac's I bought were piles of crap compared to his Jantzen's. Well these sound good to me as well as countless other pairs of picky ears so Andrew Jones must know wtf he's doing. Probably should have mentioned this but y'all need to know what kind of person he truly is.
    Whether is was right or not, it is possible that his intentions were to be helpful?
    (But I thought Jantzen made swimsuits, aka bathing costumes...)

We all have the psychology to recommend what we use as being the best and good and wise choices for others.
    (which is why I usually say Vandersteens are the best bang for buck in a used tower or bookshelf speaker.)

3. Back To Top    #83
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Joe N Tell over on youtube seems to do some pretty good speaker comparisons. Just watched his video on the Elac debut 5.2 and Wharfedale Crystal 4.3. The Crystal 4.3 has a curve nearly identical to the curve I use when tuning my truck. The curve on the Elac 5.2 is a mess. Out of the box before room acoustics comes into play the Crystal 4.3 looks incredible and has been put at the top of my list.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28erX7HQba0
    It was his call to make and Jantzen mids were sold at P.E.

4. Back To Top    #84
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Here's links to 3 speakers that may or not be in the "Bang For The Buck Tower Speakers" that are under $1000. Do they sound good? It's possible. Seems most people buy things without hearing them these days, so Music Direct offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee on most equipment and accessories (excluding fluids, pastes, aerosols, etc and special order items, none of which are returnable). If you're not happy, send them back.

https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers...er-speakers-pr

https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers...ant=AWFDIA250R

https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers...Tower-Speakers
    Last edited by Euphonic; 12-27-2019 at 07:33 PM.

5. Back To Top    #85

What is ^that^?

How is one supposed to know whether they are good or not and in what ways they are good?

Another interpretation is that they are blowing out for 40% because they were worth the 4-digit price to begin with?
    (one can read into it anything)

Or or if someone wanted to know where and for how much... then it needs the post that is asking.

i have no way to know what is implied by the links...

6. Back To Top    #86
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    What is ^that^?

How is one supposed to know whether they are good or not and in what ways they are good?

Another interpretation is that they are blowing out for 40% because they were worth the 4-digit price to begin with?
    (one can read into it anything)

Or or if someone wanted to know where and for how much... then it needs the post that is asking.

i have no way to know what is implied by the links...
    I truly hope you are slightly happier with the edit. How is one to know whether they are good or not? Go listen to them. Were they worth a 4-digit price to begin with? That's up for debate, I guess it depends on whether or not you were willing to spend that much on them. There was a post asking for bang for the buck tower speakers under $1000. If you don't know what's implied, don't click the links.
    Last edited by Euphonic; 12-27-2019 at 07:55 PM.

7. Back To Top    #87

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    I truly hope you are slightly happier with the edit. How is one to know whether they are good or not? Go listen to them. Were they worth a 4-digit price to begin with? That's up for debate, I guess it depends on whether or not you were willing to spend that much on them. There was a post asking for bang for the buck tower speakers under $1000. If you don't know what's implied, don't click the links.
    Well done sir!
    thanks!

8. Back To Top    #88
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Quote Originally Posted by dcfis View Post
    Don't know the other brand but would not be surprised if the anomalies are designed in as some secret sauce Andrew Jones has accounted for that would benefit midfi users in the real world. He has a long track record for making affordable speakers sound amazing on very modest equipment in room. With elac he is able to use nicer entry level drivers than his pioneer days. Cert for the tad/ pios.
    As a designer he is right @ Top !
    China builds everything ... Nowadays ( to each their own )
    I'd get different drivers at P.E. ( same impedance ) , use Andy Jones design with replacements .

Only , if you have no other way to go !
    Last edited by Queef; 12-28-2019 at 09:26 AM.

9. Back To Top    #89
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

OK folks let's do away with the debating on why stuff is MUCH cheaper other places, whether or not something is worth the original msrp, where it's made, etc.

What's nice about buying from Crutchfield and other reputable places is chances are pretty much zero of getting screwed. Why do you think me and a few others voiced our concerns about that certain amp that was being sold impossibly cheap?

China will rip off a product making it as sub-par as possible then sell it to the ignorant bargain hunters outside of approved vendors just because they can. Sometimes you get lucky and other times you get hosed. If anyone decides to take a chance on those insanely cheap Elac's "identical" to the ones I paid 3 times for on sale then be my guest. Maybe they're legit, maybe they're a knockoff, maybe they don't even exist! Fakes are all over the place.

I made my choice based on extensive research and so far feel like I made a great choice in the price bracket they're in. For those that have helped I truly appreciate you. For the one or two that have tried to make me feel like I paid too much and urging me to return what I bought from a legit dealer only to turn around and buy possible fakes I am kindly going to ask you to fuck off

Lots of good replies in this thread and from what I can tell only one single person is screwing it up for everyone else in this thread and many others.

When I decide to go full surround I'll probably wait for the Debut 5.2 bookshelf's and center to go on sale again and do it then. Or just KISS and add a powered sub and be done with it. Got two fine subs here that should work quite well if integrated correctly.
    Last edited by Hillbilly SQ; 12-28-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

10. Back To Top    #90
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    Here's links to 3 speakers that may or not be in the "Bang For The Buck Tower Speakers" that are under $1000. Do they sound good? It's possible. Seems most people buy things without hearing them these days, so Music Direct offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee on most equipment and accessories (excluding fluids, pastes, aerosols, etc and special order items, none of which are returnable). If you're not happy, send them back.

https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers...er-speakers-pr

https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers...ant=AWFDIA250R

https://www.musicdirect.com/speakers...Tower-Speakers
    I bet all three of those sound great in their own way. I want to give something from the Elac UniFi line a try at some point in the future. As for Elac Debut vs Wharfedale Diamond 200 series they were neck and neck. If the Diamond 230's hadn't of sold out at the reputable dealers I was looking at I would have probably gone that route. The Elac's I got just barely edged out the Wharfedale Crystal 4.3's only because there was way more user reviews on the Elac's I got vs the Crystal 4.3's. The Elac's I got are voiced to be easy to listen to for hours at a time and that's what I was looking for.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.