Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RCA Interconnects - Stinger or something else?

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Vehicle
    4Runner & Altima Coupe

Re: RCA Interconnects - Stinger or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Oh, I'd just make my own cable if it were a 3' interconnect, but I need a cable to run the length of the car from the head unit to my trunk.
    That was just an example, they offer all different sizes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I've got a budget of $1,000. That should be more than enough.

2. Back To Top    #22

Quote Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
    That was just an example, they offer all different sizes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Yea, I saw those. Way too expensive for me with how cheap I went on treating my car haha

I've decided to just go with the Stinger 8000s. It seems like it has everything I need at an affordable price.
    2014 Honda Accord LX
    JL Audio C2-650, Pioneer 12" Shallow Sub
    MMATS HiFi 6150, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D, Helix DSP Pro MK1

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Glad we could help
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Yea, I saw those. Way too expensive for me with how cheap I went on treating my car haha

I've decided to just go with the Stinger 8000s. It seems like it has everything I need at an affordable price.

Ya, even with spending close to $3,000 (that is everything and spread out over 5 years) on my audio in my truck, I still went with the Knu Krystal RCA's. I am sure the other ones would be better, but at the cost difference, would I notice the difference with using my current equipment?

Maybe/maybe not. What I do know is that I chose to spend that money on other things that I figured would make a difference prior to the cables.

I still think there are things (better DSP, better amps, and probably the most important, better install) that are worth improving prior to upgrading cables farther.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

5. Back To Top    #25
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

I am currently using the KnuKoncepts Klarity cables but I'm building a very budget system, mainly just to see how good I can do. The whole system will cost less the the OP's amplifier.

I will second the Knu Krystal RCA's. In my opinion those are very nice RCA's and may currently be the best bang for the buck right now.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I run 6 channels of Krystal cables from headunit to processor then Klarity from processor to amps. My only knock on the Krystal cables is the ends are so tight I refuse to unplug them from the processor when I move things around for fear I'll damage the rca jacks on it. I bet you could tow a heavy trailer with the cable on the 4ch rca though.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #27

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I am currently using the KnuKoncepts Klarity cables but I'm building a very budget system, mainly just to see how good I can do. The whole system will cost less the the OP's amplifier.

I will second the Knu Krystal RCA's. In my opinion those are very nice RCA's and may currently be the best bang for the buck right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    I run 6 channels of Krystal cables from headunit to processor then Klarity from processor to amps. My only knock on the Krystal cables is the ends are so tight I refuse to unplug them from the processor when I move things around for fear I'll damage the rca jacks on it. I bet you could tow a heavy trailer with the cable on the 4ch rca though.
    The only reason why I hesitated on the Knu cables was that they actually didn't have great ratings on Amazon. Which I figure if an "amateur" crowd is not rating a product well, then it might seriously have flaws. I have Stinger 4000s in my dad's car which seem to work just fine, but I wanted something a bit more sturdy. I got the Stinger 8000s for only $38 on eBay with a coupon, and then I had a free $10 coupon from cash back so all in all, just a bit more expensive than a Stinger 4000!

Now I just need for it to get warmer so I can actually work on my car again. Can't imagine trying to do an install in sub freezing temps and trying to weave cable in and out of holes.
    2014 Honda Accord LX

8. Back To Top    #28
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

The only reason why I hesitated on the Knu cables was that they actually didn't have great ratings on Amazon. Which I figure if an "amateur" crowd is not rating a product well, then it might seriously have flaws. I have Stinger 4000s in my dad's car which seem to work just fine, but I wanted something a bit more sturdy. I got the Stinger 8000s for only $38 on eBay with a coupon, and then I had a free $10 coupon from cash back so all in all, just a bit more expensive than a Stinger 4000!
    It's all good. You gotta get what you like. I've seen guys pay what I think is ridiculous amounts for cable simply because they like the looks. I can respect that. For what its worth, I also have some Stinger 4000 series in my dad's truck. They have been in there for eight years and I just recently had to reseat them due to connection problems but they still work once cleaned.

9. Back To Top    #29

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    It's all good. You gotta get what you like. I've seen guys pay what I think is ridiculous amounts for cable simply because they like the looks. I can respect that. For what its worth, I also have some Stinger 4000 series in my dad's truck. They have been in there for eight years and I just recently had to reseat them due to connection problems but they still work once cleaned.
    Just got my 8000s. They are indeed directional AND shielded! I think these are probably the best bang for the buck!
    2014 Honda Accord LX

10. Back To Top    #30

Just got my 8000s. They are indeed directional AND shielded! I think these are probably the best bang for the buck!
    I like the locking feature, that's pretty unique... I have the 9000 series now, but I had the 8000 before and really like them.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020