Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RCA Interconnects - Stinger or something else?

1. Back To Top    #1

RCA Interconnects - Stinger or something else?

I impulse bought a Kenwood 9906XR for my Accord so now I need to get some RCA interconnects. Been a while since I've looked so I am curious if anything else has popped up since I last got interconnects or if I should just get some Stingers. Probably gonna get the 8000 series since the price isn't too shabby.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: RCA Interconnects - Stinger or something else?

Following. Looking myself. I have the t spec V12 series now. They aren’t terrible but I was also considering the 8000 series

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I like the knukoncept krystal cables. They are priced right and seem to be a better build compared to the stinger 8000's (at least to me) and are slightly cheaper. I don't think you'd go wrong with either.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-au...al-rca-kables/

There is also someone on facebook/diyma (maybe this site too) that makes really good cables. I can't remember his name but they were my second choice. I only choose the krystal cables because they were still quite a bit cheaper than his cables.

Edit* look of westco on diyma
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

What kind of inputs does your amp have?
    Meh, it'll play.

5. Back To Top    #5

I’ve used Stinger 8000 and 9000 and never had any complaints

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    I like the knukoncept krystal cables. They are priced right and seem to be a better build compared to the stinger 8000's (at least to me) and are slightly cheaper. I don't think you'd go wrong with either.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-au...al-rca-kables/

There is also someone on facebook/diyma (maybe this site too) that makes really good cables. I can't remember his name but they were my second choice. I only choose the krystal cables because they were still quite a bit cheaper than his cables.

Edit* look of westco on diyma
    Yea, I spoke to Westco, but it would end up costing more than the 8000, and I would have to buy two 2-channel RCAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    What kind of inputs does your amp have?
    Not quite sure what you're asking. It will route into a DSP Pro and then a MMATS 6150.
    2014 Honda Accord LX
    JL Audio C2-650, Pioneer 12" Shallow Sub
    MMATS HiFi 6150, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D, Helix DSP Pro MK1

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

If your amp has balanced differential inputs (some higher end amps) then twisted pair interconnects are fine. If not (as in most mainstream amps), use the shielded coax style.
    Meh, it'll play.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I like the Knu Klarity cables because they're cheap, ends grip tight but not too tight so no risk of damaging rca jacks, they're shielded, and seem to be made decent enough.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Vehicle
    4Runner & Altima Coupe

I ordered custom RSD cables for my new build. If looking for something "cheap" and fast I would go with Blue Jean Cables.
    I've got a budget of $1,000. That should be more than enough.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    If your amp has balanced differential inputs (some higher end amps) then twisted pair interconnects are fine. If not (as in most mainstream amps), use the shielded coax style.
    Hmm, I have no clue. I can get the 8000 for $38 which is fairly cheap I think and is shielded.

Quote Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
    I ordered custom RSD cables for my new build. If looking for something "cheap" and fast I would go with Blue Jean Cables.
    I am confused whenever someone brings up Blue Jean Cables since I've always found their prices to be quite expensive. How are you configuring them?
    2014 Honda Accord LX
    JL Audio C2-650, Pioneer 12" Shallow Sub
    MMATS HiFi 6150, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D, Helix DSP Pro MK1