Thread: Helix A2 + A4 completion vs Zapco Z150.6 AP

1. Back To Top    #1

Helix A2 + A4 completion vs Zapco Z150.6 AP

So I currently have a Helix A2 powering a set of AF GB60s. I love the look of the amp and it sounds fantastic although it is only playing midbass so it’s hard to truly judge. I just sold the Mosconi AS100.4 that was powering the GB10/25s. Now I’m trying to decide which route to go. I’ve been searching for a Helix A4 for some time now and only found 1 but the guy didn’t want to use PayPal so I’m unsure about it. My choices are to continue searching for a A4 or sell the A2 also and get the zapco amp. Does anyone have any comparisons between the two?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Eric

Re: Helix A2 + A4 completion vs Zapco Z150.6 AP

I love both Helix and Zapco product, so I'm just throwing out points of consideration;
    - Helix amps look a bit cooler with the acrylic covers, but thats a matter of opinion
    - Helix amps have a little less "rated" output, but with multiple amps comes extra power connectivity.
    - You didn't mention a DSP, but if you use Helix amps / Helix DSP, there is a consistency in brand and appearance which some people prefer.
    - Zapco gets you slightly more "rated" power.
    - Zapco would need less power connectivity.
    - Size might be a consideration, can you fit 2 amps, can you fit a 22.5" amp (Zapco)?

Good luck, tough choice really!

3. Back To Top    #3

I think I’m leaning towards the zapco. Anyone looking for a Helix A2 lol?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

A2 is a power house and you won't hear much difference switching to Zapco.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
    2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

5. Back To Top    #5

Sell the A2 and buy a C Four
    https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/h...lifiers/c-four

Kelvin

6. Back To Top    #6