Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intercorsa...

1. Back To Top    #491

Re: Sexual intercorsa...

Quote Originally Posted by Mwcustoms View Post
    Aaaaaaand im finally done reading this. Wow
    How can you be done? We're all mid-story, mid season.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #492

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    So the kickpanels are on hold for now… the 6x9 will be an incredibly tight fit if they end up there… not sure yet, so for now I decided to do something different and attacked the dash pods…

I started on the passenger side, fibreglass, filler, ca glue and plywood strips made it a big bulbous vase… it’s not pretty… but needs must

im going to trim the pod and the a pillar tweeter mount in light grey grill cloth to blend with the grey roof liner and then make the dash in black I think…

for now it has a few parts that need attention, a bit of sanding and filling to do, and maybe get some trim on it once I’ve made the opposite side the same
    I don't know if this is a direction you are going down or maybe want to play with also...
    ...but those dash pods make me think of all the awesome omnidirectional systems that I've been dreaming of experimenting with in the automobile space. In high-end systems at high-end shows - always the best imaging I've ever heard, and their use in close proximity to walls gets the (or MY) imagination going as a possible benefit in car as well.

I think your pods would work where my far dash corner experiment didn't work out - I think I just didn't have anywhere in that location for reflections to go. I might even be able to help make reflectors for you, if interested...

Here's a few links from my crazy thread if you want to see what I mean-
    This post talks about omnidirectional:
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showthread.php?p=61199

This thread shows a reflector I 3D printed - and listening notes below. Again, I think this location was flawed for this use:
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showthread.php?p=70092

Same when I tried it over my Dynaudio/Volvo domes in that spot:
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showthread.php?p=70282

Tried different approaches - "sideways" isn't really a thing but it was the only other spot I was willing to do in my daily driver:
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showthread.php?p=70348

You don't have my limitations - gets my imagination going for sure

I wish I could hear it as-is... Probably getting some of that effect inherently. So cool.

3. Back To Top    #493

So I made the second pod and trimmed them in the grill cloth… here’s the rub, the glue shows through the grill cloth a little… so a light spray with gloss black paint is enough to penetrate the cloth and darken it off enough without effecting the cloth
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B15C4435-A8E5-41EE-AD39-533B2739EA1A.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	16850   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F7FB7C50-146F-42A3-ACEF-A5799ADC07E3.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	16851   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1716291A-536E-4999-A0D1-B2D8FE8EC429.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	16852   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0B0DC0EC-0EEC-497F-A67C-813703779DF2.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	267.5 KB 
ID:	16853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	211EA8D3-CCB7-42A6-88EB-1CEBD4694B8C.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	16854  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1A8540D-288B-4F58-A24F-B6614119D2DF.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	16855   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD188F6E-C81A-4B23-BA4B-BDDB8975E4ED.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	16856   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7718DE4F-491E-4BB5-BA52-10CFF474545D.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	16857   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A9FCAB72-1029-4D1B-B408-1F9AF6420F62.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	16858   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BE047574-4536-440E-925A-8AE31DCCD374.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	16859  

4. Back To Top    #494
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Now you just need to switch to black xt60 connectors

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

5. Back To Top    #495

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    I don't know if this is a direction you are going down or maybe want to play with also...
    ...but those dash pods make me think of all the awesome omnidirectional systems that I've been dreaming of experimenting with in the automobile space. In high-end systems at high-end shows - always the best imaging I've ever heard, and their use in close proximity to walls gets the (or MY) imagination going as a possible benefit in car as well.

I think your pods would work where my far dash corner experiment didn't work out - I think I just didn't have anywhere in that location for reflections to go. I might even be able to help make reflectors for you, if interested...

Here's a few links from my crazy thread if you want to see what I mean-
    This post talks about omnidirectional:
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showthread.php?p=61199

This thread shows a reflector I 3D printed - and listening notes below. Again, I think this location was flawed for this use:
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showthread.php?p=70092

Same when I tried it over my Dynaudio/Volvo domes in that spot:
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showthread.php?p=70282

Tried different approaches - "sideways" isn't really a thing but it was the only other spot I was willing to do in my daily driver:
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showthread.php?p=70348

You don't have my limitations - gets my imagination going for sure

I wish I could hear it as-is... Probably getting some of that effect inherently. So cool.

im going to test a few ‘shields’ to control the directivity of the drivers, passenger side between screen and driver and drivers side between side window and driver

hopefully this will give me more depth to stage on the drivers side and a little more width on the passenger side also, but we shall see… it’s an interesting stage, even just playing the mids, mid bass and subs it’s a very deep stage currently with midbass and sub bass deep in the screen, approx 1.3m+ away from the listening position, easily at the base of the screen about a foot behind the speakers give or take

6. Back To Top    #496

im going to test a few ‘shields’ to control the directivity of the drivers, passenger side between screen and driver and drivers side between side window and driver

hopefully this will give me more depth to stage on the drivers side and a little more width on the passenger side also, but we shall see… it’s an interesting stage, even just playing the mids, mid bass and subs it’s a very deep stage currently with midbass and sub bass deep in the screen, approx 1.3m+ away from the listening position, easily at the base of the screen about a foot behind the speakers give or take
    That's awesome, really. I wish I could do something like that in my daily driver... Maybe in the future I could do something like that in miniature at least - maybe a 2" driver or something. In that location, the omni effect could work, I'm pretty sure... You got me thinking, that's for certain!

I'm really impressed by those pods - they are huge but you managed to keep them totally out of your line of sight. They also look awesome in that grille cloth. In fact, since you decided to do them in grille cloth - if you actually made grilles of the same diameter and used the same grille cloth, they'd possibly even be pretty stealth!

I'd be glad to 3D print you something if that worked out - you are pretty far from me though and I'm still a pretty amateur 3D printer.

7. Back To Top    #497

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    That's awesome, really. I wish I could do something like that in my daily driver... Maybe in the future I could do something like that in miniature at least - maybe a 2" driver or something. In that location, the omni effect could work, I'm pretty sure... You got me thinking, that's for certain!

I'm really impressed by those pods - they are huge but you managed to keep them totally out of your line of sight. They also look awesome in that grille cloth. In fact, since you decided to do them in grille cloth - if you actually made grilles of the same diameter and used the same grille cloth, they'd possibly even be pretty stealth!

I'd be glad to 3D print you something if that worked out - you are pretty far from me though and I'm still a pretty amateur 3D printer.
    I have an ender 5 pro for any 3D printed stuff I need, that’s what I did the fuse holder on, petg rocks for in car stuff

8. Back To Top    #498
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I have an ender 5 pro for any 3D printed stuff I need, that’s what I did the fuse holder on, petg rocks for in car stuff
    i just got a 3D printer that can do carbon fiber weaved filament. I’m interested in trying that in car (Phoenix where it gets 120+ Fahrenheit).
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

9. Back To Top    #499

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    i just got a 3D printer that can do carbon fiber weaved filament. I’m interested in trying that in car (Phoenix where it gets 120+ Fahrenheit).
    it depends what the base material is, petg or even better abs are good for heat, if it’s carbon pla I wouldn’t bother having made a few bits that melted and didn’t stay the original shape and I’m in the U.K. where it hit 30 degrees Once last year for a week or so

10. Back To Top    #500

I was going to say the same...
    I think a lot of those carbon filaments are still PLA based, and it's more like carbon powder so it's dependent on that base material.
    You said "weaved" - I don't know how that would work but intriguing... Can you share a link?

This ASA I've been using is great... About the same properties as ABS but easier to print.

I'm going to post my 3D printed stuff on my build thread this weekend. Just got done making a bunch of pieces... Trim panels, custom Xover boxes, replacement TN52 tweeter clamps... All ASA.