Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intercorsa...

1. Back To Top    #441

Re: Sexual intercorsa...

Well with the mids more on axis vs the test enclosure the stage collapsed inwards a little on the left, so I cut the ring off and aimed it more upwards, the response at the drivers seat is almost identical, but the stage width is better, so it’s now been glassed in, I will now swill the pods at various angles with epoxy and sand mixture to coat them and strengthen them (we happen to have a load of epoxy free of charge, and a big bag of sand)

tomorrows job is make the other side so I can listen and get an idea of the downward tilt the tweeters need and play with where the drop begins

happy for a few days in so far

as for this being a bit of an omni setup… very possibly, it a nice way to get the tweeter very close to the acoustic centre of the midrange, approx 1.9cm different on the time alignment in the picture below, it was kind of spurred on and inspired by the linkwitz lx mini

i did a little tuning on the left side, the mid response was pretty decent out of the box

ive attached graphs, I didn’t measure the tweeter before eq as it’s response is awful being on a small metal bracket floating in mid air, but a little eq ( <10 bands per side) and I’m not displeased
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38EDEB65-BFAA-42C9-9533-4BC5DCAE6233.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	16224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75292AD6-D3A4-43D6-889B-FD04C7DA6C2C.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	16225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97D4FE31-BD57-429D-A7AE-33B4C9AF70FF.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	16226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98D1046A-A1AE-4C23-A110-F75DAC252949.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	691.7 KB 
ID:	16227  
    Last edited by dumdum; 09-01-2021 at 06:01 PM.

2. Back To Top    #442

After sussing out me being asleep I reckon and connecting a single xt60 on the left mid out of phase I can say the new enclosures are a success, depth to stage hasn’t really changed a deal, extreme right sounds a bit closer than the centre, but that’s a perk of a deep stage, it’s very hard to get the stage massively deep on the drivers side with symmetrical drivers… we shall see on that in the future… but Emma is judged on the depth of the centre

i added three 9mm dowel braces from inner to outer on each enclosure, added a piece of 12mm over the weakest point with lots of pva and four screws across the weakest point of the two piece side that should have really been one piece…

then…

so in my infinite wisdom rather than fibreglass resin I used up some epoxy resin we had kicking about, two part, normally used for posts and the like with a filler, but I decided to use sand, i now have learned to read the label before use…

sp when it says reaches full hardness after 7 days it may be worth using polyester resin instead thankfully (or thank f**k) a lot of heat from a heat gun made it go off before my next birthday

pivs attached, I reckon at the base of the enclosure the wall is 25-30mm thick, and the enclosures will survive writing the car off I reckon! �� I still want to do some more at the top of the enclosure once I take them out again, but for now I am enjoying them with my playlist from the last show (all other joints are screwed together, they need to be deader than a dead thing!

Name:	0AED75BD-C4BC-43D8-AAFC-669B1B4C4285.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	16231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	657F99FE-79A5-4D15-A2BF-66343257986F.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	16232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E7AD73E0-EF9D-4183-A382-FAD6880204A1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	16233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A55D48AE-DF82-404E-817A-202B553B4743.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	16234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8FEA28CD-0FE3-4F4C-A33B-AE3FC752C1FB.jpg 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	16235  

3. Back To Top    #443
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

That setup reminds me of the Linkwitz LX-mini's - supposed to sound REALLY good. I have heard their bigger brothers (Justin Zazzi has the lx521.4's) and those are quite amazing in a not ideal placement.
    https://www.linkwitzlab.com/LXmini/Introduction.htm

2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #444

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    That setup reminds me of the Linkwitz LX-mini's - supposed to sound REALLY good. I have heard their bigger brothers (Justin Zazzi has the lx521.4's) and those are quite amazing in a not ideal placement.
    https://www.linkwitzlab.com/LXmini/Introduction.htm

there’s a reason for that… see two posts up the lx mini gets an honourable mention

5. Back To Top    #445
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Totally missed that!
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #446

Have you considered spherical enclosures (as least as spherical as possible)?

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    After sussing out me being asleep I reckon and connecting a single xt60 on the left mid out of phase I can say the new enclosures are a success, depth to stage hasn’t really changed a deal, extreme right sounds a bit closer than the centre, but that’s a perk of a deep stage, it’s very hard to get the stage massively deep on the drivers side with symmetrical drivers… we shall see on that in the future… but Emma is judged on the depth of the centre

i added three 9mm dowel braces from inner to outer on each enclosure, added a piece of 12mm over the weakest point with lots of pva and four screws across the weakest point of the two piece side that should have really been one piece…

then…

so in my infinite wisdom rather than fibreglass resin I used up some epoxy resin we had kicking about, two part, normally used for posts and the like with a filler, but I decided to use sand, i now have learned to read the label before use…

sp when it says reaches full hardness after 7 days it may be worth using polyester resin instead thankfully (or thank f**k) a lot of heat from a heat gun made it go off before my next birthday

pivs attached, I reckon at the base of the enclosure the wall is 25-30mm thick, and the enclosures will survive writing the car off I reckon! �� I still want to do some more at the top of the enclosure once I take them out again, but for now I am enjoying them with my playlist from the last show (all other joints are screwed together, they need to be deader than a dead thing!

7. Back To Top    #447

Quote Originally Posted by Bikey View Post
    Have you considered spherical enclosures (as least as spherical as possible)?
    Funnily enough, I have been contemplating how to finish the pillars and using a round bowl as a mould with a 12mm birch ply ring in the top and make it then fit to the pillar enclosure… I also have one other idea to test before I finish the pillars and dash, then it’s the boot that gets attention to fit the ae ib15au

kind of like an uplighter with a driver in the top on the front corner of the a-pillar

8. Back To Top    #448

So a bit of a change… to fit the pair of IB 15” drivers in I have to get rid of the giant slab that is the zapco AP… it’s being sold to its new owner tonight… it and the hybrid audio u1a are being replaced by a mosconi pro 4/10 on mids and tweeters, an as200.2 on the midbass and a pro 1/10 on the subs

also the midbass may now end up being hybrid audio u69v2 in the kick panels (see attached picture showing the amplitude difference between kicks and under seat on the drivers side, note the deeper null on the under seats in green), midrange I also have satori mr13p-4, plus the bliesma silk dome tweeters… so essentially the entire system will be changed except for the dsp.3 and iPod touch/topping source combo �� this should be end game speakers to be tuned within and inch of there life for the euros next April

i see a pair of 15’s (possibly one as that allows the bliesma berylliums in to the budget) in a parallel configuration in the middle of the boot, with the mosconi pro amps on one side, the as200.2 on the opposite side and the dsp maybe on display on the front of the vertical chimney in the boot with some sexy wiring on show in the form of van damme silver series lo cap 55 and rean rca plugs

Name:	902C7B42-D42C-40E0-A8EF-54D3A669FD67.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	16337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6EAE4B89-3D95-43B3-8214-1131AC2D05F7.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	424.8 KB 
ID:	16336  

9. Back To Top    #449

The big zapco has gone… dropped off with its new owner a few hrs ago… step forward mosconi pro and as

10. Back To Top    #450

So a bit of stripping out and I am going to make a subtle mod to the enclosure and add a few layers of wood to the edge near the boot opening and cut a new top to take the 15’s and fit them as far apart as I can as I need space for the dsp in the centre to the rear below an as200.2, this will then be flanked by left and right pro 4/10 with a bit of artistic license

Name:	113E51EF-EE75-48C7-9033-723DC767A7B6.jpg 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	16343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2B79BDA2-3EF8-4225-8419-5196FE4826B1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	16344