Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intercorsa...

1. Back To Top    #401

Re: Sexual intercorsa...

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    theres the rub… in the iPhone app it gives song quality, device limit and actual bitrate… then it 100% upsampled it to 192khz in my case or the topping d10s that is accurate on every other app Ive used it on is lying, so yup, perks of having a topping that shows the bitrate it’s being fed

i have a picture somewhere of it with the Amazon app showing what it claims and then the topping in the background with its orange display
    Trust you mate

As the DSP Mini only take up to 96kHz I’ll have to apply a limit in the app by the look of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #402

Quote Originally Posted by SiW80 View Post
    Trust you mate

As the DSP Mini only take up to 96kHz I’ll have to apply a limit in the app by the look of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats the other issue with 192khz into a helix by optical unless you like silence Coax into an ultra is fine at 192khz

3. Back To Top    #403

So I’ve tried a thing… decided I’m gonna get rid of the stereo in favour of the iPad being vertical where the double din slot is

pics here… your gonna have to imagine it with a chamfer each side and painted in gloss black
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8FBAD732-B2B4-4D4D-845B-B55597AAD557.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	484.2 KB 
ID:	15917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FA72ABDA-5D20-4992-96FC-9349B1CB5FE6.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	15918  

4. Back To Top    #404

So… a few developments… mids have moved to asymmetric positions, foam is to control reflections on the tweeter and improves focus no end!

this is the best incarnation of the front end I’ve had in terms of integration, I’ve dropped the sub levels a fair bit, the midbass is where it should be, everything is in front and at eye level, it blew me away when I listened to it at 4pm yesterday… and I was still listening to anything and everything to find flaws at 9pm… fresh ears tomorrow and I’ll remake the iPad with a deeper recess as it’s a bit floppy at the thin edges

Name:	19505FB8-56E4-4F3E-B37D-13C9882484AE.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	16033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5027A0B-914F-4EEE-B6B1-DBA65528B740.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	16032   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2E9F3F96-1EC2-4F8F-9C2E-07F7926D4853.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	496.6 KB 
ID:	16034  

5. Back To Top    #405
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

@dumdum Thanks for the update!!! Question, will the foam matter once you finish/trim out the front area?

6. Back To Top    #406

This is the first time seeing this thing... What is it?

I'm not really seeing any taper, other than the dash-to-windshield...
    But it's making me wonder if maybe you are getting sort of a horn effect with that tweeter?

What happens if you take that - what is it? - away?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #407

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    This is the first time seeing this thing... What is it?

I'm not really seeing any taper, other than the dash-to-windshield...
    But it's making me wonder if maybe you are getting sort of a horn effect with that tweeter?

What happens if you take that - what is it? - away?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    It’s a speaker enclosure, the opposite side has one also (looks wrong, sounds right oddly… both the pics of the enclosures are drivers eye views pretty much… it has surprisingly good top end considering I am effectively sat behind the driver to a degree, mainly due to reflections I think), which contains a speaker, however the boost upto 1khz was huge and so it needed a lot of chopping down (it was +/- 7ish db which kinda killed the sound and made left to right unbalanced so I swapped the driver to the pillar pod instead and it has a far nicer (+/- 3db so far less eq) and the tweeters response is very linear also so the enclosure doesn’t seem to effect the sound

the Passenger side driver is in the enclosure and has a very good response once I put the foam in the cavity in front of the mid, both tweeters give very good responses and the response when moving your head is excellent due to them being miles away…
    Last edited by dumdum; 07-12-2021 at 02:24 AM.

8. Back To Top    #408

Quote Originally Posted by Cutaway View Post
    @dumdum Thanks for the update!!! Question, will the foam matter once you finish/trim out the front area?
    I may need to trim down some peaks or replace it with a slightly thinner foam (it stops bleeding of treble on both sides which sharpens up the centre no end!) as it will be trimmed in grill cloth and a frame to cover the foam and drivers to give no judges any clues as to driver locations (you wouldn’t know where the drivers were if I didn’t tell you or show you a picture, the stage is from drivers door rubber to passenger side corner of the screen and eye level all the way across, it’s the cars best stage yet… albeit wider on the drivers side to a degree)

9. Back To Top    #409

I’ve done a bit of work on the fascia and remade it so the ply is effectively slotted across for the iPad to slide between the back and front layers which are approx 3mm each, this retains lots more strength and resistance to flex that the previous iteration had, just needs some fibre filler and body filler applying to get the lower edge and sides to match the dash section as you can see from my picture

Name:	84BA5C1E-0678-448C-986D-7C13BCB525CE.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	16037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B1A8513-246F-42A9-8A5E-D750DC290056.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	16038  

10. Back To Top    #410

Best get my arse in gear! First show in 2 years…

Name:	E562732E-E186-42F6-A6B7-932279FD338C.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	16051