Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intercorsa...

1. Back To Top    #391

Re: Sexual intercorsa...

So this is the state of play currently, the image with zero eq is as strong as it’s ever been with very little to no smearing left or right, I am a happy bunny! I left the widebands playing 1hr of pink noise over night from 250-3k on repeat by the time I get to them in the morning hopefully I will have nicely broken in widebands with more top end after approx 15hrs I have put on them between listening and 12hrs of pink noise
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E133E569-3EA4-4EBF-AF04-029F8A7ADA14.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	15839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B7F753FC-45DF-4206-898C-F45C0AC99806.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	15840  

2. Back To Top    #392

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    You removed a lot of the dash, which of course alone can invalidate my musing here...

But in my recent trials, I settled on an odd combo of drivers - a Dynaudio Volvo 3" dome mid pair, and Bohlender Graebner Neo3PDR planar tweeters.

I found better luck with the mids way back where the A-pillar, dash, and windshield meet, and the tweeters closer to my sail panels.

Are you also going to try swapping the mid and tweet locations, I'm curious?

I'd love to hear how it changes the image if you do.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    in the corsa I have tried all manner of things, I will rebuild the top of the dash and trim it in acoustic cloth so I don’t encounter any reflections that I don’t have now

the issue with separating tweeters and mids like that is reflections will often make the drivers sound like they aren’t where they are physically placed, so if I put my tweeter at the top of where my a pillar window upright is the tweeter sounds like it is where it is… the issue is then trying to fit a midrange so it sounds like it’s in the same place, the further you put the mid from the screen the further up and in the reflection is and therefore the driver sounds like it’s miles inside the tweeter, the logic behind the Far East cars with tweeters above and behind upfiring midranges makes massive sense! However due to the rake of my windscreen I simply can’t achieve that alignment on both sides to to a body computer and the main wiring harness entering the vehicle on the passenger side, and any enclosure inside that (or dash for that matter) reflects the top end of the midrange passband inwards, and likely would do the same to the bottom end of the tweeter…

currently with the widebands I can get 350-400hz up from a single 2” point source in each corner and the mids in the pillars also present as being there also, this is likely the most defined stage I’ve ever had pre eq, just time alignment by ear, tomorrow I will put smaart to work and also the umik-x and then see what results I can get with a little tuning

3. Back To Top    #393

I was 0.01msec off between widebands, so pretty damn close by ear… the right mid was -0.02msec off… then the passenger side mid was 1.6msec off I was doing so well upto that point… I also refined subs and midbass with a single all pass on the midbass to match them better, and put two all pass on the widebands which improved the focus/centre even further switching from a setting with and without the all pass filters, I will see how the umik x finds my adjustments once I build the corner pods proper and then play with some eq

4. Back To Top    #394

So… in a revelation I am binning the hu and putting my money where my mouth is… the iPad mini 5 will be replaced by a 2017 iPad Pro 10.5” which will be vertical which will make it roughly double din width and sit nice with the finger print reader at the top with the lightening plug out of the top also… Tesla style

It’s a apple refurbished ipad and will be plenty fast enough for purely playing music from deezer

in another shocking revelation… iPad wifi models don’t have gps… who knew I’d always wondered why I have never had google maps working on the iPad in the dash! Doh! It won’t work on the new iPad either as that’s wifi only as well lol

5. Back To Top    #395

I'll tell you whut...
    I'm not too far off from you.

Well - other than my dripping absolute hatred for the world's most despicable horrifying and abusive company with a fruit logo... But that's a different topic

I bought a generic Android head unit and haven't even tried it, but just found a Joying unit that apparently isn't bad (my cheapie is for sure "not good").

To me its a pretty big break from my Alpine and Pioneer favorites of my past. Into the unknown...

So you can teach an old dog new tricks.

So for that Ipad - are you using any fancy DAC? THX Onyx maybe, or that new Astell & Kern?

It's something I'm wondering if I can even do, with my Android not-a-tablet...
    But for you, definitely can.

6. Back To Top    #396
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    It’s a apple refurbished ipad and will be plenty fast enough for purely playing music from deezer
    why Deezer? What is it you like vs all the other Hi-Rez offerings?

7. Back To Top    #397

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    I'll tell you whut...
    I'm not too far off from you.

Well - other than my dripping absolute hatred for the world's most despicable horrifying and abusive company with a fruit logo... But that's a different topic

I bought a generic Android head unit and haven't even tried it, but just found a Joying unit that apparently isn't bad (my cheapie is for sure "not good").

To me its a pretty big break from my Alpine and Pioneer favorites of my past. Into the unknown...

So you can teach an old dog new tricks.

So for that Ipad - are you using any fancy DAC? THX Onyx maybe, or that new Astell & Kern?

It's something I'm wondering if I can even do, with my Android not-a-tablet...
    But for you, definitely can.

topping d10s to a digital output is my chosen weapon, I’d never go analogue into a dsp again for critical listening and sq

8. Back To Top    #398

Quote Originally Posted by Cutaway View Post
    why Deezer? What is it you like vs all the other Hi-Rez offerings?
    Used a lot…

tidal… I paid for lossless, however the latest findings about mqa and the lack of transparency around it if a master quality album is present… and the fact it’s then not available in lossless

amazon hd… this upsamples everything to the max bitrate of your output device, in my case it was 192khz even when playing an advertised 44.1khz flac file… plus the app is awful, add 130+ songs to a playlist and you get 130 albums with one song in each, I use the album or playlists section mainly so this makes it very messy!

qobuz didn’t have the library for me

apple I tried and may return to it, it has a switch for adding songs from playlists individually (note this Amazon!) but I had the app crash three times in a few days and also some horrid digital noise from my front end when I think it buffered, I will let the app and the lossless part get some evolution and see how it goes

Deezer (I run the hifi lossless tier) just works as an app, doesn’t do silly things with playlists, everything comes out as lossless 44.1khz 16bit, there is the odd occasion where it pauses or stops playing, that could be better, but mainly it just does what it says on the tin and all is good

spotify I like the app though and when they eventually launch there lossless tier I will be tempted to trial it and see what gives

9. Back To Top    #399

Are you sure Amazon HD up samples?

When I click the playback stats it shows the track stats and device stats and usually both are different for me (using a Topping NX4). In the setting you can control the output quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Back To Top    #400

Quote Originally Posted by SiW80 View Post
    Are you sure Amazon HD up samples?

When I click the playback stats it shows the track stats and device stats and usually both are different for me (using a Topping NX4). In the setting you can control the output quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    theres the rub… in the iPhone app it gives song quality, device limit and actual bitrate… then it 100% upsampled it to 192khz in my case or the topping d10s that is accurate on every other app Ive used it on is lying, so yup, perks of having a topping that shows the bitrate it’s being fed

i have a picture somewhere of it with the Amazon app showing what it claims and then the topping in the background with its orange display