Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intercorsa...

1. Back To Top    #311

Re: Sexual intercorsa...

I have never had a stage like this... the placement of instruments is unreal, and space around them, and I know it’s not perfect with regard to phase matching just yet, hopefully some filler on the pods and sone smoothing of square edges will make the phase even better and match more, so far I have an all pass on each mid and one on the bottom of each tweeter also, this has got me to a point where the stage is pin point and precise but I can still hear a few small issues with it that will need addressing I think...

2. Back To Top    #312

what'd the all-pass filter help with?

3. Back To Top    #313

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    what'd the all-pass filter help with?
    funny you should mention that... it basically helps you match the phase/arrival times better on each side... I will try and show this shortly with pictures as it came up in erins chat with Steve weigner...

4. Back To Top    #314

So I have played with the new measurement mic, applied various all pass filters and got the best centre I’ve ever had from the mids

tweeters will hopefully get better with rounding the pods edges and matching them to the a-pillar plastics

in other news, I have got a new source purely for competition... it turns out the iPod touch at 229 euros works exceptionally well with a cck3 (it’s not specced to!) and a topping D10s... so on the Emma price list the touch is 229 and the topping is 90 euros... so for 320 I have a bang on digital source that can be used with the helix...

on to that subject, if I remove a sub and blank one hole out, I can then use the zapco z150.6ap, a dsp ultra, the aforementioned source, with ceramic mids and beryllium tweeters for a two way plus sub in the front of the car all under my budget limit of 4000 euros... granted it’s under 100 euros to spare, but inch or a mile and all that

5. Back To Top    #315

So one of the hybrid subs did a thing and began to rattle, it is going back to its supplier, so in the meantime I have now got a single hybrid sub under the passenger seat, I have also redone the phase and timing with the new mic, it sounded good once I’d twiddled the levels by ear a little, it was a little hot at the crossover so I knocked it back a fraction and then added some low end with eq on the sub... taking 4db off the sub overall and adding 4db of boost at 30hz has worked a treat, I then tapered down the freqs and added 3db at 40, 2db at 50, 1 db at 60 and kept the crossover intact

in other news, with the departure of a sub, i now have to make a mount for the iPod touch for competition, whether I will run two toppings or a single and swap usb leads over is out for debate, it would be cool to use the functionality of the urc switch and somehow hardwire it so that when the touch is in its dock it swaps over to its competition setting automatically... now that would be cool, but for skilled in Emma I am not allowed custom components... however if it just sits in parallel with a switch and shorts a switch is it modifying the function of the urc.3? I don’t think so, but I will ask the judges

either way it’s a thought for when master rears it’s head

6. Back To Top    #316

Back home!! ☺️

so the question is... what to do with the boot now...

I have a craving for some lows, and lithium too, so do I go big and run 3-4kw on an animal twelve like a GZ nuclear 12, go very sensible and put two uranium 12” in a sealed enclosure and then run something modest into the pair around 1200ish, or somewhere in the middle... at the minute a pair of GZ hydrogen 12” in sealed still but inverted with the ultra between them and the zapco above the boot rubber at the back of the boot so you see two big 12” arses inverted and a zapco z150.6ap is appealing... if only they did them in orange, I can then control them off of the urc.3 bass level control and have them off for Emma sq to avoid budget issues... or do a pair of uranium’s with a view to the future and running the boot subs also in master 5kw or unlimited and future proof the entire system...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C3709FA0-D39D-4E20-A4F7-9B674672A973.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	15155  
    Last edited by dumdum; 01-29-2021 at 05:39 AM.

7. Back To Top    #317
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

I'd say if the Emma class limitations is holding you back from building your wanted setup, then go for a higher class that don't limit what you really want to do. Competition day comes a few times a year, don't let that limit the 360+ other ones.

8. Back To Top    #318

Quote Originally Posted by Haakono View Post
    I'd say if the Emma class limitations is holding you back from building your wanted setup, then go for a higher class that don't limit what you really want to do. Competition day comes a few times a year, don't let that limit the 360+ other ones.
    It’s not limiting it, the 10” plus 5”&beryllium tweeter sounds sublime, but for excitable days I fancy the uranium 12” for the rest of the year

9. Back To Top    #319

So in an effort to get the phase better for the mids I have attempted to drop a size and have a play with the 12cm ceramics, they still play down to an f3 of 115hz in 1.45litres, and with the corner loading I will get a good chunk more of the bottom end, I expect to cross them way above the 160mark anyway, I am also waterproofing the wo24p-4 satoris for there return as dedicated midbass and have dropped the Z150.6AP from the boot in favour of 2 or 3 st-4sq baby brothers, if it goes to plan I will have 65 for mids and tweeters, 180 for midbass and 360 for a dual 4 ohm sub or may swap the one amp to a mono

Name:	2DEEE5BB-B482-47C3-BABE-6BE265B77E88.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	405.3 KB 
ID:	15200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C1791FA4-B583-49FD-91C0-7C9CD03475C4.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	15201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5AF97F03-B361-4AFD-8420-4A604C71CE36.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	15202  

10. Back To Top    #320

So the little 12cm ceramics are in and fitted into 2.1l enclosures, slightly unconventional, but the best centre I have had with zero eq, only symmetrical crossovers and ta

i have also mounted the tweeters low down infront of the mids also...

Name:	70B605E1-83D2-4A6E-A441-0A366666C316.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	15227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EDD0B08D-1B83-4A04-ADE9-E102EABECC1B.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	15228