Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intercorsa...

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Re: Sexual intercorsa...

You are one very ambitious dude dumdum. No way in hell I would have the patience to do all that. Those tweeters are one of my favorite tweeters, regardless of price and I have GB15 to compare to. I have those SB29 tweeters in my van crossed at 2400 Hz LR4, they may even be 2200 LR4, but I can’t remember now.
    Last edited by JCsAudio; 01-17-2020 at 12:30 AM.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    I should add with the mids somewhat playing off the screen as they are to an extent the mfc’s play upto 8-9k with relative ease, they definitely surprised me I must admit, and the SB29RDNC-C000-4 tweeters seem to take a 2.4khz crossover very well, I think they will take lower, I have seen a design with a 1.4khz lr4 passive crossover, and one with a lr6 at 1.1khz... I think being such a big tweeter they take a lower than most crossover and seem very neutral and not in your face while having some hammer (well you have to try stuff out loud, the dynamics of the 17cm drivers and bigger tweeters is pretty damn crash hot!
    No doubt - I used my NVX(SB) version at 2kHz along with their 6.5 crossed at the same spot. LOVED them. Have the SB 4" ,NVX(SB) 5.25", and NVX(SB) 12"

Would love to get in contact with SB, and find out if they'll let someone take over that auto design line since NVX doesn't carry it anymore.

Can't even imagine how blissful those Satori will be

Where will the 10" subwoofer go?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    No doubt - I used my NVX(SB) version at 2kHz along with their 6.5 crossed at the same spot. LOVED them. Have the SB 4" ,NVX(SB) 5.25", and NVX(SB) 12"

Would love to get in contact with SB, and find out if they'll let someone take over that auto design line since NVX doesn't carry it anymore.

Can't even imagine how blissful those Satori will be

Where will the 10" subwoofer go?
    at this point maybe glovebox area... or in the middle at the top of I get rid of the tube for some steel flat bar or box welded out of the way, the gz plutonium 10” is about 150 deep and we have a ‘40mm perpendicular to the line of sight in the listening position from the edge of the dots on the screen’ rule to comply with, so big dash pods are out, hence me removing the dash and ducting to be replaced with my own design of ventilation and screen clearing ventilation

speaking of own design... just done a fuse holder the input 70mm^2 will go in at the bottom and the four main fuses will be spare battery, 150.6ap and eventually bass amps for spl, the smaller fuse is for a 30a midi fuse for accessories from a smaller fuse box for stereo, lighting etc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0984AD2-52EA-414D-B637-C5F902CCF4C1.jpeg 
Views:	269 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	8902   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44E5CE24-A4D7-42AF-9F8A-E94DDB21E935.jpeg 
Views:	260 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	8903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C240D408-A629-47F6-A33F-952096648229.jpeg 
Views:	262 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	8904  

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Make sure you scope that Clarion. It's not 100% clean on all sources.
    2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

5. Back To Top    #25

Quote Originally Posted by avidedtr View Post
    Make sure you scope that Clarion. It's not 100% clean on all sources.
    I am using it via optical, I will knock the helix down and scope it’s outputs once it’s been through the d/a converter once it’s been set up and plumbed in, I was shocked to see only 2v preouts on a flagship model with optical outs... I guess that’s what clarion intended it to be used with I reckon so preouts are unimportant ����

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

I'm optical as well. There are sources trim in the Clarion setup menu. 2V seems low, but it is what it is
    Have fun. Let me know what you find.
    2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

7. Back To Top    #27

Quote Originally Posted by avidedtr View Post
    I'm optical as well. There are sources trim in the Clarion setup menu. 2V seems low, but it is what it is
    Have fun. Let me know what you find.
    Best get myself some 0db recorded to cd, usb and my iPhone by the sounds of it

8. Back To Top    #28

Some progress, last night I cut a 12mm top to sit on the cross dash strengthening bar, the side pod I’d started was ok, however this way I make the top modular and can build side pods to the required size, cut a little less off another dash and make it easier to blend into the cars natural self and also make the pod builds symmetrical far more easily, basically I had a rethink before I went any further, aiming for 7.5l per side for the sixes (tried a different aiming... but it has too much side window interaction at certain frequencys, this then diffuses the center and pulls the the stage over to the drivers side, basically, the orientation in the picture is not viable to get a solid focused centre! Back to the up firing mids!)

so the current plan is to relocate the mfc midbass elsewhere and fit mw16p satoris in the pillar locations and see if I can get 4 17mfc in the centre for 100hz down as they are cheap as chips and I can put 250rms into each pair... or I also have a pair of seas 22cm midbass drivers from my old van install, it all depends on the physics and available space, I reckon a square of MFC in the dash would look cool though, I will try two for starters and then expand a little if levels are low as I suspect they may be compared to the dash corners...

if that doesn’t work I am going to fully deaden the doors outer skin and entertain using the doors as midbass locations if the dash doesn’t work out nice enough with central midbass playing upto 100-120hz, they disappear with good timing, and I can use the mfc in the doors... so what goes on the dash will depend on how everything ties together and where crossovers need to be...

id like to use my gz plutonium on the dash, but it’s slightly too deep to go central, but I may be able to shoehorn it to the glovebox, all these options will be explored as all are doable
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DDE831A6-BA06-49CB-A38B-4EA6C2AD6CE5.jpeg 
Views:	317 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	8978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6C3DB6F5-4B32-44DE-89EC-FD33592E5065.jpeg 
Views:	305 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	8979  

9. Back To Top    #29

The straight down the car had too many reflection issues which caused the centre image to be wide, also the left mid position also made 200hz ish left side to appear to come from a foot inside the pass speaker location... centre jumped about 8-10” to the right of centre, back to aiming up and almost towards the screen/roof meeting point, the left comes from roughly the speaker location or behind it to the corner of the screen, the tweeter needs to be further back and aimed up the pillar to raise the image and also appear to come from between the speaker location and its virtual location at the base of the a pillar distance back, that way the left of the stage will be more coherent and point source ish, hopefully the two satoris will be here by the weekend so I can crack on

10. Back To Top    #30
    Vehicle
    Alfa Romeo GT

How much of a difference does it make if you toe-in midranges and tilt them a bit upwards?... I had much better results when testing positions when they were semi-on-axis or on-axis....all focuses become better and center image width become correct compared to LC/RC, L/R. Height was not an issue in any case.
    FOR FAST MOVING CONCERTS
    Team LBaudio
    Team BRAX
    Team SCB
    Team Car Audio Lab
    EMMA SLO head