Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intercorsa...

1. Back To Top    #161

Re: Sexual intercorsa...

So a brief update of progress, I have moved the tweeters slightly so they are more above the centre of the mids, it’s made the image more stable and the left and right are nicer now, it’s almost at the point when I’d put it into a competition and have my head healed high sound wise, all I need to do now is finish my dash pods and sort the boot... allegedly we may have some shows for the first time in August/September of some form...

the ground zero subwoofer is to be replaced with a Dayton audio RSS390HF which has very low inductance and also three shorting rings in the motor to lower distortion it will also be amplified by an alpine PDX-M6 which should be plenty (did a guy who once had a 164db car just say that????)

the next step I did was I bought a 3D printer... and designed some cups for my flangeless tweeters, basically a 60mm od cup with an angled flange to let me fix them up, I can also adjust the angle to toe them in by a tweak on the design in fusion360 and keep adjusting angles until I’m happy 5 degrees at a time once I’m close with 10 degree steps... it’s a simple adjustment in the pc and reprint... sounds simple but for strength I have them printing pretty decent quality... so it’s 3hrs a cup, but I set it going, check the first layer and then leave it overnight to do its thing... I also knocked up a design for a mega fuse holder which is now on its second design... and I will also be 3D printing some clear wedges for under the pods on the dash as due to how they fit I can’t actually make them to the part of the dash where it drops down as it also has to fit under the screen and slide in from the rear of the car at the same time which could be a bit tricky... so I figured some back lit wedges in Clear pla would look cool when printed up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0093EA1-D87F-4A37-80CB-AC8CC9E69030.jpeg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	11698   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6BE8D12-D91F-47CF-9CCE-C8F6358A6D3E.jpeg 
Views:	154 
Size:	334.4 KB 
ID:	11693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9851ED34-1353-44C2-B92A-7C8631AD696B.jpeg 
Views:	150 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	11694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5BF04D61-FAA4-45C3-B5B0-06E668E23AF0.jpeg 
Views:	150 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	11695   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2CF4E87A-570C-418B-B73F-DFB95B4B3463.jpeg 
Views:	153 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	11696  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1C2C47A6-9BCC-4B53-B52C-AC461367E32C.jpeg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	11697  

2. Back To Top    #162
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

It's great to see this incredible build starting to round into shape. The amount of time and effort into your system is awe inspiring. It has been very cool watching this come together and I really appreciate the extra effort you've made to share all of this with us. Keep up the great work!!

3. Back To Top    #163

Just read this.
    really impressive ambition!

4. Back To Top    #164

mk2 tweeter cups printed now sizing is correct (you can get shrinkage of layers when 3D printing) so I modified the outer dimensions a little and also modded the hole at the rear to allow me to swap the enclosure and pass an xt60 through also

Name:	668C3072-1BF3-455E-8C7E-5E286C8FC6DB.jpeg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	11717  

5. Back To Top    #165

Ive not fitted my tweeter cups yet, but I got my director back... it had a dodgy rotary encoder, it was replaced under warranty, so that got fitted back in... as did my new sub... oh yes... it’s night and day different to the ground zero, it has a really decent low end to it, nice and tight...

inhad to give it some stick earlier with ‘company’ by drake and Travis Scott... it put a big smile on my face when I got to 2.45 onwards... low end monster springs to mind! but refined with it! Can I have two ��

in other news I’ve been trying to find an iPad mini 2 16gb for ages, Ive been playing with various (4) android tablets to use with usb audio player pro, or Ive also bought a second hand iPad mini 2... with a dodgy charging port... it got returned, after the last few android 8” tablets that didn’t like playing with the topping nicely, I got frustrated and ordered a mini 5 256gb... but then the same night I found a listing for brand new iPad mini 2 16gb... so I ordered one! It arrived, as did the iPad mini 5... so I sent the 5 back, the iPad mini 2 seems to have a loose lightening connector, I’ve flagged it with the seller, it’s not as bad as the first one that was second hand, but it doesn’t feel like a positive click like my iPhone XR or the mini 5, and has a mm or two of slop in it... it’s enough if I wiggle it I can get it to stop charging you know when you think you’ve found a solution... ah well... I will see what the supplier says...

because I’m in a Budget limited class you work from the Emma price list... there’s some glaring mistakes on there, my zapco z150.6ap is roughly 18-1900 euros, but someone found it and added it to the price list at 1136 euros... hence me having one... 200 euros a channel... but a lot of my kit isn’t on the list, so I have to gather evidence, give it my Emma rep and they have to get it added to the price list with retail values in euros...

so I’ve found the satoris from the same site as the sister mr13p in the price list were found from, they are the same money on the site as are my sister product so that should be straight forward, also the tweeters and Dayton sub are on there so I’ve submitted the euro pricing for those

i also found the topping D10 on topping-audio.com which is a European distributor of topping products and the topping is 90 euros...

the rub is if I can get all my prices past I can defo afford an iPad mini 5 64gb or if they take them as sent I may be able to get the iPad mini 5 256gb In my budget... but it all depends on the additions to the pricelist...

I run tidal for daily, I can then download a load of tidal music to the device and also play videos in the dash too
    Last edited by dumdum; 06-12-2020 at 01:04 PM.

6. Back To Top    #166

Well rather handily the Dayton subwoofer fitted into and has been put into the enclosure the ground zero was in... what a difference, very clean lows which is exactly what I’ve been after... have wicked up the gain a little to give the sub a bit of juice which will hopefully break it in a bit and soften it up a touch

the only thing that’s a bit of a downer is the motor of the sub is very plain Jane, I was hoping to fit it ass out, so I will perhaps have to find a way of installing it ass out and making some form of edge lit motor cover without restricting the pole vent and the back plate drilling’s (you can clearly see one of the three copper rings in the motor through these which go a long way to reduce distortion from the sub)

7. Back To Top    #167

iPad mini 5 has arrived and suitable locations for fitting it decided on... it’s either on top of the dash in the same style as a newer bmw/Mercedes where it sits proud of the dash in a thin binnacle, I can fit it with very little headache and then make a section to slide over it and put some foam on the rear so it slides on and is snug

or I can fit it at the base of the dash/centre console area, this is likely the best place to put it, far more to hand and probably more shielded from glare etc, this is my preferred choice, but it’s also a lot tighter down there due to the gear lever gaiter and associated plastics that sit very close, I think this will be the likely resting place for it though... the 3D printer may have its work cut out doing this... the console is fairly narrow being a small euro hatch though so it will over hang each side by 1/2-1” and have a bulge where the plug is, although I have cut open a lightening extension lead I have and effectively bent it...

8. Back To Top    #168

Thinking something like this... except with an iPad mini 5... having looked a bit more the top will likely be the way forward despite the bottom being more to hand, I have to lean forward to touch the iPhone so a little further may not be an issue

Name:	E091E5C1-FCBC-42A6-8300-245C0F68A5A5.jpeg 
Views:	149 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	11984   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	349A451B-D6B1-4862-A163-D7EDB39FBC19.jpeg 
Views:	129 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	11985   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5211BEBC-7058-49AD-BC5D-132B7CC2EE15.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	11986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3CF0B771-E6D7-4CE6-91AF-FEFDA23AD598.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	11987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029A5FDC-EB3E-4C5D-A74D-0D8F08F20B02.jpeg 
Views:	163 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	11988  

9. Back To Top    #169

Hopefully tomorrow will see a freshly laser cut piece of mdf arriving for me to make a test piece up with from some 6mm Perspex, and a piece of 8mm Perspex also, the ipad is 6mm thick so I am going to flush trim a piece up for a start and then cut the next layer back, it will only take approx 3mm rebating to take the iPad mini... the finished piece will be a 20mm bezel with an external and internal chamfer and a rebate to take the iPad in the next layer back... I will see what the mdf template come out like and then decide on my course of action once I have that

10. Back To Top    #170

Ooooh lasers are good 😎

Name:	25727DEB-662F-4596-B890-13337A0F8402.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	12245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B7A2C2A2-8BB2-4B8F-9A85-DFFE2936F9AD.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	12244