Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intercorsa...

1. Back To Top    #141
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Re: Sexual intercorsa...

Full retain here is 14995nok = $1470 USD. But with shipping and import taxes it would probably even out..? Focal however, is waaaay cheaper here

But feel free to send a PM if you want any info, so we don't mess up this build thread

2. Back To Top    #142
    Vehicle
    Alfa Romeo GT

Price limiting groups are challenging b/c you must make a lot of compromises with equipment selection, but you still have open possibilities regarding install and tuning. Great build so far, Adam!
    FOR FAST MOVING CONCERTS
    Team LBaudio
    Team BRAX
    Team SCB
    Team Car Audio Lab
    EMMA SLO head

3. Back To Top    #143

Quote Originally Posted by Haakono View Post
    You could possibly free up about €200 from the budget by switching the Director for a URC.3.

It's prettier to look at the Director, but for EMMA purposes they both do exactly the same job.
    That’s my free up euros plan if required

4. Back To Top    #144

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    try bass traps in the back for the 90-100hz null?
    I experimented with those in my van, worked to some extent always cause issues elsewhere... there’s no such thing as a free lunch so to speak, but I much prefer the midbass in the floor solution where there is very little by way of phase issues, plus it’s a small euro hatchback so not so much room for bass traps while making the boot look pretty and boy do I want to make it look pretty

5. Back To Top    #145

So tonight I went and picked up my ground zero gzrw38d2, it’s now in a 4cu ft coffin in my boot, it’s a cheapish sub that doesn’t hammer the budget, I need to time it and get it in phase with the front midbass once it’s run in a bit and softened up a wee bit, I think I’m going to give it a running in with some 20hz all day tomorrow and play with the timing and phase tomorrow night, I might even trim the box as I have a bit of grey fleck carpet kicking about
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FED07ED5-053B-4E71-AE82-0E99413B7DF2.jpeg 
Views:	175 
Size:	295.8 KB 
ID:	11082  

6. Back To Top    #146

I’ve just fixed the new 15 outside the enclosure raised up a few inches and it’s now playing 20hz at approx Xmax in free air with approx 15 watts once it’s had a few hrs of that I shall redo the eq to suit the much lower fs and response vs the 10 I was using, it definitely does what I wanted it to do, once it’s softened up a bit it should be quite nice in its 4 cu ft sealed enclosure (Q of approx 6.8 as I wanted to see how much control it actually has... perhaps two in IB with a hole in the boot floor would be in my future, it’s fs at 22hz, xmax at 25mm one way I will take with a pinch of salt, and it’s qts at 0.5 should make it a decent candidate and give good low end performance upto maybe 60hz I think

7. Back To Top    #147

Yup, definitely feeling the love for more cone area, I am now looking for a very musical 15 that will behave in 2-4 cu ft sealed (not interested in ported, I want a predictable response, if I wanted more low end I would IB the sub, but then it may also effect the underseat midbass negatively

suggestions for a very articulate 15 welcomed, currently the Dayton audio rss390hf as it has a lower f3 with a bigger box than the 390ho ���� I can cope with bigger box for better low end efficiency and mms is relatively low still, as is inductance

8. Back To Top    #148

So a thing happened, I put a Full dash back in after layering a fair bit of foam on its rear and also applying pu sealant to various parts that moved or could have rattled, I also deadened the heater pipes where they sit across the strengthening bar and also remade the top of the heater box for the dash vent

so I ended up with this... not sure on gloss black or satin black for the trims... what you reckon??

Name:	B7DCC182-B542-4E7D-9116-2AD55D60B3CD.jpeg 
Views:	170 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	11326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	232B2436-7B69-4E12-97E0-EE9627758DB6.jpeg 
Views:	149 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	11327  

9. Back To Top    #149

So then I cut a big piece out of the dash id just refitted with a dremel

Name:	6EFAE0C2-572E-4CE5-9E77-E2EC30269654.jpeg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	11328  

10. Back To Top    #150

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    So then I cut a big piece out of the dash id just refitted with a dremel
    That’s crazy man! Crazy cool!