Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intercorsa...

1. Back To Top    #111

Re: Sexual intercorsa...

So I have taken to deadening little pieces while it’s quiet in work, so today it was the turn of the b-pillar trims, for a bit of fun I weighed them before and after, the polystyrene piece was removed, deadened underneath and then spray glued back, where the seatbelt sliding section is I added some patches of spare Milano suede I had kicking about, purely just to put something soft and thin between the plastic slider and the pillar trim

i also added a few strips of the suede around the bottom where it comes in contact with the side sill trims, and also individually wrapped the three clips on each of the lower trims

the result... 580g to 952g, a good chunk more trim that should stand less chance of resonating
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51729C5A-6775-4795-BEB3-1F140F6C5E26.jpeg 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	10354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EB7BAABE-57E7-4542-B474-DDEDB08608BC.jpeg 
Views:	179 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	10355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F9094C8B-674C-40DD-BCA3-44399494480C.jpeg 
Views:	177 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	10356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C03F0A8F-648B-4D6E-AB92-F4B6B08DA011.jpeg 
Views:	193 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	10357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19BBAC1D-7C54-4AC6-8526-8ECCEF96834B.jpeg 
Views:	190 
Size:	3.23 MB 
ID:	10358  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0633492B-E2EC-4ACA-AEA2-911049389DC3.jpeg 
Views:	198 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	10359   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33DB591C-BC0D-4F5D-B972-F28460B99701.jpeg 
Views:	196 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	10360  

2. Back To Top    #112

Big decision time... I needed a smaller tweeter to tuck into the side to deal with some reflection issues in the side window... I have some ground zero items... however they didn’t sound very good in a few tracks, or rather they sounded good but the sb acoustics sb29bdnc-c0004 sounded way better... but the face on the sb is huge... so... decision time...

yup, I have literally cut the face plates off the Sb’s with my router and a spiral flush trim bit, once I’d worked out how to support the face plate so it didn’t crush the centre where it’s supported (these are effectively a ring radiator) with a piece of closed cell foam with a hole cutout it was to the new router bin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8B312019-E094-445D-9E7E-7CCD51A4F560.jpeg 
Views:	185 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	10540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DD4D0E7D-1E0E-43BB-B7EC-5668FBAAD0CC.jpeg 
Views:	193 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	10541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DE875D33-AC15-4B63-A985-45629110B7D6.jpeg 
Views:	197 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	10542  

3. Back To Top    #113
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

great work man!
    2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

4. Back To Top    #114

So... developments... dsp ultra is a big chunk of euros (guessing €1500 of my €4K budget) so to free up some budget I’ve swapped to a dsp.3 and now may end up fitting some midbass somewhere a bit special and in a fairly unorthodox different manner

the dash sub may go in favour of some sort of upfront midbass special solution, I need to do some test measurements but I figure if it’s extreme then it’s good for bonus points in master when I go up a class

in a bizarre twist I have found a flaw in my source combo... the tablet upsamples and I can’t turn it off (not conventionally) it also has Atmos, and some other non removable stuff... it’s never been an issue before with coax and the ultra, but it looks like the topping doesn’t downsample everything to 96khz which is the limit of optical audio transmission from what I understand, so when tidal plays stuff over 96khz sample rate the topping then try’s to send it out via optical

so my job now is to get around the upsampler and soundalive which comprises the Atmos and all the bloatware for the tablet, it’s going to take me a bit of fresh learning to get it to do what I need it to and behave! I don’t even need optical for everything, I can use the optical for competition at 44.1khz and upto 96khz with tidal, I suspect it’s gonna take master stuff away from optical, but I can always download none MQA stuff which is 44.1khz flac effectively

for now it’s singing via analogue as auxiliary in to the dsp.3, it still sounds good with the topping as a dac, it just feels like it’s lost a touch of top end sparkle however in cymbals and the like
    Last edited by dumdum; 05-02-2020 at 12:36 PM.

5. Back To Top    #115

So Ive edited the tablets android system (with the help of a forum and an old mate from dB drag days, all upscaler crap and Dolby Atmos is banished!

6. Back To Top    #116

what diameter are they now ? as these are the tweters I am using and would like them to be a little smaller to open mounting options up a little

7. Back To Top    #117

Thoughts from what im planning on my own build down the line. Have you considered completely getting rid of the instrument panel and running a wifi/bluetooth OB2 connector( $20) that hooks up to an app like Torque Pro? It'll let you have gauges on your tablet instead of the instrument panel.

8. Back To Top    #118

Quote Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
    Thoughts from what im planning on my own build down the line. Have you considered completely getting rid of the instrument panel and running a wifi/bluetooth OB2 connector( $20) that hooks up to an app like Torque Pro? It'll let you have gauges on your tablet instead of the instrument panel.
    I had, but then it would put the music source behind the clocks, I’d rather have the clocks behind the wheel and music from the tablet where it’s easily accesible!

9. Back To Top    #119

Quote Originally Posted by Transitman View Post
    what diameter are they now ? as these are the tweters I am using and would like them to be a little smaller to open mounting options up a little
    approx 55mm, I have some 60mm perspex tube on its way with a 2mm wall to create mountings along with some short M4x4mm grub screws to hold them in nicely, I will drill and tap two points at 120 degrees from each other and use them to clamp the tweeter in

10. Back To Top    #120

As an aside I have binned the android tablet off...

here’s why... the android tablet upscales any audio when it goes through the android audio layer to the maximum bitrate the usb dac it’s controlling is capable of, so in my case it upscales any audio, even a 44.1khz flac file to 384khz sample rate, this degraded the sound and was effectively a pointless process, it adds nothing to the quality, only detracts, you wouldn’t know about this if you didn’t have a display like on my topping D10

I use tidal as my main music source and don’t stream everything, I have an iPhone XR 256gb phone to store a fair chunk of downloaded music

now you can use three apps which take control of the audio output and bypass the audio layer, those being usb audio player pro, hiby and the Onkyo app also, UAPP also has the ability to basically stream tidal, however due to digital rights management it isn’t allowed to access the stored tidal library on the phone, so I’d have to stream everything... this means an extra step when I jump in the car, and turning on my iphones WIFI hotspot, plus extra data use

i am therefore spending a little more of my €4000 euro budget (279 vs 230) on an iPad mini 4th gen 16gb (I think the pricing is incorrect on the Emma price list, but hey that’s not my issue, I don’t make the rules... my zapco 150.6 is €1169 where it should be €1800, but like I say I haven’t added stuff to the price list, just worked from it )

this gives automatic connection sharing form my phone when in range and also stream whatever the file format dictates... winner!