Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual intercorsa...

1. Back To Top    #1

Sexual intercorsa...

Now Ive got your attention...

Welcome to my build log of my little euro hatchback, a 2009 Vauxhall Corsa

basocally I owned a van last year and learnt that sometimes issues are too big to circumvent for SQ competition, I will be doing my first full season of competition in the next year, I’m far from green however as I’ve been involved in car audio for 20+ years in one way or another (including being top 3 in the world in dB drag) I have chosen the corsa from a variety of cars that I could pick from

so here begins the build log, you’ve picked up approx 6 days labour into the job 👍🏼 Pics will follow...

2. Back To Top    #2
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Re: Sexual intercorsa...

Nice , mumbles !

One similar to this ?

3. Back To Top    #3

Exactly like that, black 1.4 16v SXI

4. Back To Top    #4

Update, I have invested in a Topping D10, reason being... using my iPhone as a source I have a 12v converted Apple TV for a digital streamer previously and noticed more detail, so the topping followed so I can build a dock to integrate the iPhone XR into the car properly

so I broke out the umik and rew and using the exact same 16bit, 48k pink noise file I measured the response from each of three sources (alpine 178bt via bt and usb, and also topping d10 via some 75ohm van Damme coax with rean plugs as 75ohm rca plugs don’t actually exist technically, nearest are crimp on Neutrik plugs, but even they don’t meet the 75 ohm standard to which bnc is ‘the connector’ of choice)

so I was expecting a different freq response maybe to explain the detail I was hearing, for example cymbals sounding like actual cymbals with nice decay and a little clearer

so imagine my shock when the response from 150-19k was bang on the same!

what I didn’t expect was the difference at 20k (I cant hear it so not too fussed!) of approx 8db, for the first time it didn’t drop off the planet!

but more serious was the low end... the alpine over usb and bluetooth closely resembled each other, literally mirrored each other to 0.1db, this explains why by sounds similar to usb... the usb input isn’t making full use of the extra digital data in the stream vs bt, anyway I digress, the low end showed a massive (7db at 20hz, 12db at 10hz, and tapering from the 20hz difference to the midbass freqs roughly, I knew the bass sounded fuller with the digital input, this would go someway to explaining the difference in the bass end of the spectrum

its enough for me to go ahead and make some kind of dock for the phone to fit into and maybe obtain a FiiO M11 for permanent figment in the car with some kind of dock to suit both

anyway, ramblings over, yes all levels were closely matched and the same dsp settings were used for the measurements, I will also do a measurement with the tiny $9 dac from lightening to 3.5mm jack as I am reliably informed that is actually a pretty good dac in itself despite its cheap price!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F06D8643-D99E-44FA-97DE-844B0C5E3020.jpeg 
Views:	336 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	8436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A60D11E8-DE98-48D7-BD29-E0C4AA60DA55.jpeg 
Views:	323 
Size:	507.6 KB 
ID:	8437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8D62C3BE-14DF-4D3E-A500-23A4D6E64470.jpeg 
Views:	311 
Size:	554.0 KB 
ID:	8438  

5. Back To Top    #5
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Not sure if you are a neuro-surgeon , but , you would make a great one !
    My Zuki eleets 4 channel adds a lil at low end ( warm sound ).

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    Not sure if you are a neuro-surgeon , but , you would make a great one !
    My Zuki eleets 4 channel adds a lil at low end ( warm sound ).
    for some reason I think of howling mad murdoch when you reply

7. Back To Top    #7
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

LOL

Cheers mate !

Have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year !

8. Back To Top    #8
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    Update, I have invested in a Topping D10, reason being... using my iPhone as a source I have a 12v converted Apple TV for a digital streamer previously and noticed more detail, so the topping followed so I can build a dock to integrate the iPhone XR into the car properly

so I broke out the umik and rew and using the exact same 16bit, 48k pink noise file I measured the response from each of three sources (alpine 178bt via bt and usb, and also topping d10 via some 75ohm van Damme coax with rean plugs as 75ohm rca plugs don’t actually exist technically, nearest are crimp on Neutrik plugs, but even they don’t meet the 75 ohm standard to which bnc is ‘the connector’ of choice)

so I was expecting a different freq response maybe to explain the detail I was hearing, for example cymbals sounding like actual cymbals with nice decay and a little clearer

so imagine my shock when the response from 150-19k was bang on the same!

what I didn’t expect was the difference at 20k (I cant hear it so not too fussed!) of approx 8db, for the first time it didn’t drop off the planet!

but more serious was the low end... the alpine over usb and bluetooth closely resembled each other, literally mirrored each other to 0.1db, this explains why by sounds similar to usb... the usb input isn’t making full use of the extra digital data in the stream vs bt, anyway I digress, the low end showed a massive (7db at 20hz, 12db at 10hz, and tapering from the 20hz difference to the midbass freqs roughly, I knew the bass sounded fuller with the digital input, this would go someway to explaining the difference in the bass end of the spectrum
    DumDum , you are so 'thorough' in your assessments , air on top end . .. low end at 10 hertz , love it !

Cheers

9. Back To Top    #9
    Vehicle
    Alfa Romeo GT

Am in for this one
    FOR FAST MOVING CONCERTS
    Team LBaudio
    Team BRAX
    Team SCB
    Team Car Audio Lab
    EMMA SLO head

10. Back To Top    #10

Well I now have a variety of speakers to try in a variety of places and a zapco 150.6ap on its way! Going to try a fair few locations for both 6” and 8” midbass, and for scan 10f, gz nuclear 80mm mids, sb acoustics sb17mfc-4, L4SE and maybe some others I have kicking about, tweeter if needed will be a choice of SB29BNC-c001, gz nuclear 22mm and whatever else I may try, thinking dash end corners for mids perhaps or buried below the dash level for mids and tweeters in the pillars... or a tweeter above the mid also... I like dynamics so perhaps the 6” mfc will be nicer on the corners of the dash, it all depends on phase issues that are present in various locations and how the phase issues allow me to play the speakers in better pass bands to avoid the issues...