View Poll Results: System compromising ?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • All or nothing (alternator/wiring/speakers/amps )

12 37.50%
  • Space saving ( smallest everything sub/wiring/amps )

2 6.25%
  • Want really good sound with compromises

18 56.25%
  • Stock Rocks !

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which way did you go ?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Which way did you go ?

For ease/simplicity/less is more !

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Which way did you go ?

I set install goals and made the necessary compromises that revolved mostly around my lack of fabrication skills. And I wanted to retain more than half the space behind the seats of my single cab truck. Not a fan of extended/crew cab trucks because of their size and awkward contours most of them have making them a pain for car audio. I went with a known good tweeter that had mounting hardware for easy install on the dash near the midranges firing up in stock dash locations. My work is generally pretty solid but usually best left hidden like it is because of my utilitarian mentality. I'd farm the work out if "pretty" was a priority
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I tend to jump into the deep end of the pool. I'm also fairly green with the high end fabrication, but can usually make things look clean. Fortunately, I do not need the extra space in my truck - just the wife and I - so every square inch goes towards making the system as great as it can be. Plus, I love practicing installs and tuning, so I'm always changing and rebuilding stuff in the system. I'm addicted! I would love to take a sound solutions type course to improve my skills, but I'm not sure they host much in Canada, plus I'm not in the industry....oh well.

4. Back To Top    #4

I typically like to keep everything I do hidden. I don't like the current trend of massive A-pillar pods They'll one day be looked at the same as the fiberglass subwoofer volcanoes of the 90s. A trend that will "date" the build. I'd rather see a car that's built with things better integrated.

The thing is that making the vehicle look stock while packing all the audio gear into it is often a harder task and will force more creativity than a simpler, less stock looking install. (I'm looking at you, massive A-pillar pods)

No matter what vehicle I'm working on or how much gear I'm putting in it, my build style stays the same. Clean, OEM looking interior. If I have to modify interior parts to install speakers, I'll put more time effort into making those parts look stock.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
    I typically like to keep everything I do hidden. I don't like the current trend of massive A-pillar pods They'll one day be looked at the same as the fiberglass subwoofer volcanoes of the 90s. A trend that will "date" the build. I'd rather see a car that's built with things better integrated.

The thing is that making the vehicle look stock while packing all the audio gear into it is often a harder task and will force more creativity than a simpler, less stock looking install. (I'm looking at you, massive A-pillar pods)

No matter what vehicle I'm working on or how much gear I'm putting in it, my build style stays the same. Clean, OEM looking interior. If I have to modify interior parts to install speakers, I'll put more time effort into making those parts look stock.
    I feel the same way Jason. I'm far more impressed by a stock looking system that sounds great than I am a system with tumors on the dash/pillars/whatever that sounds great. This is why I love Erin's new car so much. Bet it will be the ONLY 2019 Civic you see with dash midrange drivers from the factory unless someone copies the idea, lol.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Marv
    Vehicle
    2016 Silverado Regular Cab

I like to follow the K.I.S.S. principle and as with others I prefer to keep it oem looking.
    Build Thread

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...Silverdo-build

https://www.instagram.com/mrmarvsplace/

Post count on a forum does NOT denote ones level of knowledge, skill nor experience..

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Al
    Vehicle
    2003 Super Charged Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner 2.7

I went with as oem look as I could make it route lucky for me my single cab yota has a place for a tweeter
    I want it to "look" factory and hope it gets left alone

200 amp alt big wires agm and upgrades as they come facebook find was an arc audio 300.4 for $40
    Last edited by xsvtoyz; 12-01-2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    Enjoy what you have. There is always more but its not the same as you owning yours!!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

With the the exception of the ported box in the back no one would know that I’m sporting a very nice sounding audio system until the music starts playing and then they are like “whoa”, that sounds so clear and powerful.

I often contemplate going three way but I can’t find a place for the midrange that would look stock and honestly my two ways aren’t leaving me wanting more yet.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

9. Back To Top    #9

Go big or go home, when I was into speed I had a fully built k20/k24 civic as my daily, never lost a street race, when I was into loud music I had (3)12w7ae being played by a modded Mmats d3500.1 to 4kw rms with 4 beyma liberty 8 12” (4) beyma 8mnd and 10 tweeter, shattered front and back glass several times, sunroof stopped working and was never scared of a battle, now I’m still kinda new to SQ and is never scared of whatever class they put me in, I don’t leave nothing on the table.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Mullings, I would have loved to give you a run for the money with the V8 Fiero, or my buddies 79 Malibu with the built 350 and 4 speed stick. Three 12w7ae subwoofers though is freaking insane!
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901