View Poll Results: System compromising ?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • All or nothing (alternator/wiring/speakers/amps )

12 37.50%
  • Space saving ( smallest everything sub/wiring/amps )

2 6.25%
  • Want really good sound with compromises

18 56.25%
  • Stock Rocks !

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which way did you go ?

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Rain*
    Vehicle
    Acura MDX

Re: Which way did you go ?

the hell is compromising, theres no correct option for me to pick =/

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Vehicle
    4Runner & Altima Coupe

Depends on which vehicle you are asking about. My 4Runner I have pretty much gone as far as my budget will allow. Especially considering that my wife only let me have a $1,000 budget for it. On my Altima I didn't really go cheap but I am keeping it pretty much factory looking in the front and somewhat simple in the trunk. Space is important for me in that vehicle plus the $500 budget keeps things pretty simple.
    I've got a budget of $1,000. That should be more than enough.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

I try to stay as OEM as possible. I'm not willing to fill the cargo area with the sub enclosure anymore like I would do when I was a teen.
    Meh, it'll play.

4. Back To Top    #14

OEM look all of the way for me too... Hell, I won't even put a sub box in my trunk! As far as I go is a little under-seat sub. :-) I really dislike the look of huge speakers on the a-pillar. I love a good-sounding car stereo, but I'm not willing to go as far as put 3" or 4" mid speakers on my a-pillars that look *so* out of place. I may not get sound quality as good as those that do put huge speakers on their a-pillars, but I'm fine with that... I just use OEM speaker locations and try to keep any audio gear hidden as much as possible.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Yup , jtrosky !

Limits - ( it said ribbed for her pleasure . . . Fuck That , I turned it inside out !)

6. Back To Top    #16

I have several vehicles. The with truck I drive is old and simple. System will be there same. When it's done. My last one was pretty much the same as this. A couple trucks ago I built a complete custom back seat right down to cushions and speaker boxes that were designed to hold my tools. It was pretty but to much for a work truck. My grocery getter had 4 15"Eclipse ti's. Custom cargo area and back seat in that. I used to get crazy all the time. Now it takes years or stays simple.

7. Back To Top    #17

Try to stay simple. upgrade speakers next thing you know truck is gutted and starting over.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Unhappy Re: Which way did you go ?

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    OEM look all of the way for me too... Hell, I won't even put a sub box in my trunk! As far as I go is a little under-seat sub. :-) I really dislike the look of huge speakers on the a-pillar. I love a good-sounding car stereo, but I'm not willing to go as far as put 3" or 4" mid speakers on my a-pillars that look *so* out of place. I may not get sound quality as good as those that do put huge speakers on their a-pillars, but I'm fine with that... I just use OEM speaker locations and try to keep any audio gear hidden as much as possible.
    I think jtrosky is as good as he is going to get , with the approach he's chose ( craves more low end ) .
    Same as everyone else that loves music , but is compromising the install ?
    Basically , no dedicated subwoofer section ( 125 watt powered 8" underseat model.)
    Really wants a 12" with 600 watts at least !

9. Back To Top    #19
    Vehicle
    Alfa Romeo GT

there are always compromises, even in a "no compromise" systems...lol
    Im the one that will sacrafice everything for the sound, and I dont care for comments about pillars/doorpanels/subenclosure......how big they are or how somebody dont like the design or anything,... I drive my car, I listen to my system 99% of time, so why bother with comments, the only important aspect for me is safety and sound
    FOR FAST MOVING CONCERTS
    Team LBaudio
    Team BRAX
    Team SCB
    Team Car Audio Lab
    EMMA SLO head

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Ross
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Tundra

I've historically been a K.I.S.S. philosopher and stealthy system guy. By that, I mean, I've tended to use single 5 or 6-channel amps to power everything, and preferred that all speakers be mounted in factory location behind factory grills. I've broken out of this approach a couple of times throughout the past decade or so, but usually trended back to it. What I have gathered is that it's tougher to get it all to sound good with this approach, compared to getting a little more aggressive/elaborate with equipment and install.

For me getting more aggressive/elaborate meant utilizing multiple amps (I'm currently running 3 amps w/7 total channels), separate DSP, custom dash pods & a-pillars, and a custom center-console subwoofer. While my truck build is currently in-progress, I believe that I'll get everything wrapped up before the end of the year. This is definitely the best sounding setup I've ever had.
    AVH2300NEX - Helix DSP Mini - RF Punch 200x2/Punch 240x4/Power T750x1bd - AudioFrog GB10,25,60 & GB12D2