View Poll Results: System compromising ?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • All or nothing (alternator/wiring/speakers/amps )

8 29.63%
  • Space saving ( smallest everything sub/wiring/amps )

2 7.41%
  • Want really good sound with compromises

17 62.96%
  • Stock Rocks !

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which way did you go ?

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    Acura MDX

Re: Which way did you go ?

the hell is compromising, theres no correct option for me to pick =/

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Vehicle
    4Runner

Depends on which vehicle you are asking about. My 4Runner I have pretty much gone as far as my budget will allow. Especially considering that my wife only let me have a $1,000 budget for it. On my Altima I didn't really go cheap but I am keeping it pretty much factory looking in the front and somewhat simple in the trunk. Space is important for me in that vehicle plus the $500 budget keeps things pretty simple.
    I've got a budget of $1,000. That should be more than enough.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

I try to stay as OEM as possible. I'm not willing to fill the cargo area with the sub enclosure anymore like I would do when I was a teen.

4. Back To Top    #14

OEM look all of the way for me too... Hell, I won't even put a sub box in my trunk! As far as I go is a little under-seat sub. :-) I really dislike the look of huge speakers on the a-pillar. I love a good-sounding car stereo, but I'm not willing to go as far as put 3" or 4" mid speakers on my a-pillars that look *so* out of place. I may not get sound quality as good as those that do put huge speakers on their a-pillars, but I'm fine with that... I just use OEM speaker locations and try to keep any audio gear hidden as much as possible.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Hic

Yup , jtrosky !

Limits - ( it said ribbed for her pleasure . . . Fuck That , I turned it inside out !)
    " I wish I had the money to overpower the piss out of everything . . .

6. Back To Top    #16
    Silver Subscriber

I have several vehicles. The with truck I drive is old and simple. System will be there same. When it's done. My last one was pretty much the same as this. A couple trucks ago I built a complete custom back seat right down to cushions and speaker boxes that were designed to hold my tools. It was pretty but to much for a work truck. My grocery getter had 4 15"Eclipse ti's. Custom cargo area and back seat in that. I used to get crazy all the time. Now it takes years or stays simple.

7. Back To Top    #17

Try to stay simple. upgrade speakers next thing you know truck is gutted and starting over.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Hic

Unhappy Re: Which way did you go ?

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    OEM look all of the way for me too... Hell, I won't even put a sub box in my trunk! As far as I go is a little under-seat sub. :-) I really dislike the look of huge speakers on the a-pillar. I love a good-sounding car stereo, but I'm not willing to go as far as put 3" or 4" mid speakers on my a-pillars that look *so* out of place. I may not get sound quality as good as those that do put huge speakers on their a-pillars, but I'm fine with that... I just use OEM speaker locations and try to keep any audio gear hidden as much as possible.
    I think jtrosky is as good as he is going to get , with the approach he's chose ( craves more low end ) .
    Same as everyone else that loves music , but is compromising the install ?
    Basically , no dedicated subwoofer section ( 125 watt powered 8" underseat model.)
    Really wants a 12" with 600 watts at least !
    " I wish I had the money to overpower the piss out of everything . . .