Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Under appreciated Subwoofers

1. Back To Top    #41
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Re: Under appreciated Subwoofers

The RM-12 in first graph ( green ) , "Aw, Hell Yeah" !

2. Back To Top    #42

I wonder if the RM-12 would benefit being in sealed box box with more power over ported. They are all pretty close though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #43
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    See attached model below in the same ported box and power as the first simulations. I know the ST can take more but for comparisons sake I'm keeping things apples to apples. Stereo Integrity RM-12 (Green) vs AudioFrog GB12 (orange)

Attachment 8347
    Very similar , but I like how the minus 3dB point on the green [ lower notes beginning point ] looks , up until it gets to a minus 3dB point on higher notes.
    Now add more power if it can take it , Voi'la !

In a TL box , with an 'octave' of lower output , plus some added power , coupled with cabin gain ?
    Now , you're "Talkin" ! https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...ubwoofer-build

Would an isobaric set-up make a TL half as big ?
    Last edited by Queef; 12-18-2019 at 10:33 AM.

4. Back To Top    #44
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Got some question about the Adire Audio Brahma 12 so I'm putting up a model for it which actually models very well in both sealed and ported configurations when using the measurements taken from their website. The Adire Audio Brahma 12 doesn't need a big box to get down either. I modeled two ported box sizes because it will do well in under 1 cu ft but you probably wont be able to fit the vent in a box that small without making it partially external.

Adire Audio Brahma 12 (orange ported) (blue big box ported) (red sealed) on 1000 watts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adire Audio Brahma 12 (orange ported) (blue big box ported) (red sealed).png 
Views:	290 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	9081Adire Audio Brahma 12 Sealed.pdfAdire Audio Brahma 12 Ported.pdfAdire Audio Brahma 12 Ported bigger box.pdf

Last edited by JCsAudio; 01-29-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

5. Back To Top    #45

I have a pair of Brahma 12s going in soon. Brad, in Baton Rouge is doing the build and has done some initial testing with them. Roughly 4 cubic foot with 6” port, being run at 2 ohms on a crossfire c7-3k, ~3k @ 2 ohms on tap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E9A72326-58DC-4E84-9017-9DF05C128B8D.jpeg 
Views:	239 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	9085  

6. Back To Top    #46
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Whoa, that should bump things around pretty good. What car is that installed in?
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

7. Back To Top    #47

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Whoa, that should bump things around pretty good. What car is that installed in?
    2000 4runner. 3 way front will be powered by the zapcos. Probably should post a little build log. Brad has done an amazing job with this one. The pillars and kicks are not ideal in this vehicle, at all.

8. Back To Top    #48

In terms of under appreciated. I'd have to throw the JL 6.5" 6w3v4 into the mix. I used it originally to fit a tiny shelf in the back of my hatchback. It fits in a .15 cubic foot box (8.5"8.5"x6.25"), although with the T/S parameters I tested it really wants to be in a .2 cubic foot box.

It is limited by its xmax as it bottoms out in the 30s. Used market is good. I bought mine and have seen others for less than $100.

It kept a flat response (with cabin gain) in my hatchback up to about 100db when it would get overtaken by my Stevens Audio MB-6s (which have a very high sensitivity). I was able to keep up with the JBL/Andy curve at modest "normal" listening levels of 90db (+6db from 60hz-160hz). All of this was with ~150 watts. It did great for covering the low end. I ended up abandoning it because of rattles associated with where it was mounted. It was surrounded by and mounted to various pieces of sheet metal and trim panels.

9. Back To Top    #49
    Vehicle
    2004 Kia Sorento

Interesting enough, I have been looking at both the new Adire Brahma 12 and the SSA Icon 12. These are candidates for my '13 Ram, but have wondered how they both compare and whether the SSA Icon 12 could be considered an SQ sub? Being that both the Brahma and Icon can both handle +1000wrms, would the enclosure sizes be comparable with the same power rating?

10. Back To Top    #50

I've owned and have the icon. Its damn musical and loud. Heard it can take around 2k as well