Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Under appreciated Subwoofers

1. Back To Top    #71

Re: Under appreciated Subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    I had a few to get this one modeled. I was kind of shocked that the 10 nearly matches the 12 in output but with a larger box. See also attached PDF for your review.

Attachment 14686Attachment 14687
    Attachment 14685
    That's interesting and not what I expected! Fun when surprises happen. Vented it could I suppose, I wasn't comparing Qes...

What I was referring to mainly was the swept displacement of the ten is significantly less than the displacement capacity of the 12.
    Not only is the cone area smaller (of course) on the ten, but the Xmax is significantly smaller.
    My memory is crap, but does the 12 have a 28mm Xmax and the 10 is just 18mm?

Whatever it was, I was thinking that you could get twice the air moved by the 12.

Try to model them sealed, both in equivalent boxes (.7 qts, .8 Qts), and with full power - I think that will change things... Is that what you are showing there? Those do look like sealed curves...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #72
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    That's interesting and not what I expected! Fun when surprises happen. Vented it could I suppose, I wasn't comparing Qes...

What I was referring to mainly was the swept displacement of the ten is significantly less than the displacement capacity of the 12.
    Not only is the cone area smaller (of course) on the ten, but the Xmax is significantly smaller.

Whatever it was, I was thinking that you could get twice the air moved by the 12.

Try to model them sealed, both in equivalent boxes (.7 qts, .8 Qts), and with full power - I think that will change things... Is that what you are showing there? Those do look like sealed curves...

Yes, it’s all in those PDF’s I attached. You just have to read them. Where the 10 is nearing xmax on 750 watts the 12 still has more headroom. Take at look at the cone excursion graphs, both have 750 watts applied.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

3. Back To Top    #73

Oh that must be the broken image looking things I saw in your post on my phone... using Tapatalk app.

I'll check it out on my chromebook tomorrow - and thanks that already makes sense.

4. Back To Top    #74

If it’s not been mentioned a Dayton RSS390HF should definitely get a mention, very, very clean sub bass with its copper rings in the motor, and bags of low end output which is just perfect for a rising response in car down to 10hz

5. Back To Top    #75

#3 - the CSS SDX12 (specifically the 12 - you'll see the displacement capability on the 10 is significantly less noteworthy).
    EDIT: If the OP is modeling, it might even be interesting to model the SDX10 vs the SDX12 simultaneously just to illustrate why I say that.

I personally want this SDX12 bad. I'm an old-school XBL^2 fan, and I have a feeling this is the best one yet.
    Plus I love how it looks like NOTHING, mounted. I used to assemble my prototype subs with the plainest dome dustcaps just like this, so it looked cheap and then I could surprise people.

Unfortunately I have a bit of a sub hoarding problem, and when I moved into my Fiancee's house and sold mine, I had to get a storage unit. That's a great price for a legitimate flagship sub, but I don't think it's going to fly with the lady of the house to pick up another sub. Especially when at least 3 of the ones I have in storage (and one in my little hoard-cabinet I keep at home) are XBL^2 already... not that she knows that.

Anyone else? Accidental collectors?
    Get one, or, better yet, two. They sound great, and look great in a stealthy sort of way. The only downside is the weight.

6. Back To Top    #76

Quote Originally Posted by BenevolentDictator View Post
    I have a feeling I would be just like you if I had the income to support my curiosity/habit. I stumbled across the CSS on PE a few weeks ago and added to my list of options for subs in my upcoming build.
    You too, get some, you won't be sorry. Use a back brace when moving them.

7. Back To Top    #77

28 mm Xmax for the SDX12 and 18 mm Xmax for the SDX10, your memory is pretty good. 491 cm^2 Sd for the 12 and 330 cm^2 for the 10. SDX12 = 1.3748 liters displacement vs SDX10 = 0.594 liters displacement. The SDX12 more than doubles the displacement of the SDX10.

8. Back To Top    #78
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    You too, get some, you won't be sorry. Use a back brace when moving them.
    Sadly I'm well versed in heavy ass woofers, I own an 87 lb. HST-15 so 48+ pounds is a vacation
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

9. Back To Top    #79

i have a pair of bnib SDX12's that i will be using soon! Also got a pair of SDX15's for my HT

10. Back To Top    #80
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 crew cab Duramax

You have done FU, can you do Fi? A 12” SSD, I just ordered 2 on Black Friday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FCD697F9-359E-47DA-8E70-07D5443992A2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	14815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F705C21D-0C13-4469-AEF8-7D8290B58B42.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	14816