Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have anyone successfully tune pro audio speakers in car with Rew with decent results?

1. Back To Top    #1

Have anyone successfully tune pro audio speakers in car with Rew with decent results?

I know pro audio speakers arent ideal for any sound quality but im experimenting with a 3 way Prv pro audio system to get it atleast to sound descent in my car im using a 8 mid bass, 6 midrange in the door and a massive ct2 silk dome tweeter in the sail panel.So far i have watch alot of vids and read tutorials and with the Umik mic and rew i got it sounding just ok but it still seem a bit harsh.Btw i have a dayton dsp.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Nick

Re: Have anyone successfully tune pro audio speakers in car with Rew with decent resu

Pro audio drivers can sound great. Theres nothing about them that automatically means quality is lowered. Theyre just different. The problem is, these differences usually arent ideal for a car audio install. The other problem i see in your specific situation is..

1) PRV does in fact make speakers that arent very good sounding. Massive audio also isnt exactly known to make good speakers
    2) The 8 and 6 is an unnecessary combo. Is there any specific reason you chose these drivers?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Have anyone successfully tune pro audio speakers in car with Rew with decent resu

To play loudly but with some clarity...and the ct2 tweets are the best thing that massive ever made the tweeters are not harsh at all after tuning i think i just need work in the mid range area i have the Prv 6mr500 ndy and for mid bass the prv 8mb450 v2

4. Back To Top    #4

And the reason i use the 8 and the 6 is because the 6 alone is loud but lack so much low vocal and midbass information in music....and the 8 alone might cause too much beaming in the upper midrange...

5. Back To Top    #5

Well i think i have solve the problem with the mids i just flip the polarity on the 2 sixes..... and it was a night and day difference...they sound so smooth now(not perfect) and even in rew the response around the crossover points are flatter now...i can now try to perfect them

6. Back To Top    #6
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Kelvin ,(subwoofery), is right about a 6dB slope making for a very smooth sound (less bright/shouty).

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    Kelvin ,(subwoofery), is right about a 6dB slope making for a very smooth sound (less bright/shouty).
    hmmm thx ill try that to see if its better but as it is now its way better than before

8. Back To Top    #8
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Quote Originally Posted by Bajbass View Post
    i got it sounding just ok but it still seem a bit harsh.Btw i have a dayton dsp.
    Harshness may disappear with a gentler sloping when crossing over .

Hope your system Rocks !

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    Harshness may disappear with a gentler sloping when crossing over .

Hope your system Rocks !
    Well was a bit too late to crank it up but im positive it does...hmm with such shallow slopes i guess u must have big gaps in the crossover points between the drivers so everything blends smoothly

10. Back To Top    #10
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Yes , you try to make sure that they don't combine with a hump in REW graph. You will hear the increase if they overlap/combine , playing same frequencies .