Thread: Chasing any fix of car audio I can get

1. Back To Top    #1

Chasing any fix of car audio I can get

I never did an intro post when I came out of being a long time shadow user on diyma to being a more active user. So here’s quick one For CAJ I guess:

I’m Ben from San Diego, CA.

I was that tech geek kid in 4th grade who struck a deal with his parents to not receive any report card rewards, birthday gifts, or any gifts all year in addition to performing chores all year with no reward all to receive a Sennheiser headphone set. Then to do so again for a Grado Headphone set. All so that I could enjoy closed can or open air sound for different music. Yep at an early 10 years old, I had a little setup fabricated in my closet with an old McIntosh preamp/amp (not in the best condition).

“McIntosh at 10 years old?!”

Haha yep. I didn’t fully realize their greatness at the time, they were just some cool looking gizmos that I had received from my grandpa (audiophile tendencies runs in the fam I guess). It was connected to a portable iRiver mp3/CD player via 3.5mm to RCA connection. I was a nerdy kid as you may suspect.

Life does its thing and now I am 30 years old.

I am not a professional car audio installer. Far from it. I’m a radiation therapist.

“What’s that?”

Radiation therapy works but delivering doses of radiation to cancerous/tumorous tissue to denature the cancer cells. The aim is to eliminate the tumor, shrink the tumor, or prevent growth of a tumor. This radiation is usually delivered with equipment called linear accelerators that can shape and shoot photon beams.

{Crickets chirping}

Sorry I’m digressing.. I guess I was trying to say with this intro is that during my education I gravitated towards physics. I am just a guy that cherishes listening to quality sound from an early age. A lot of audio is physics. So its not unfounded that I have developed a geeky audiophile nature about myself.

The childhood amps:

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: Chasing any fix of car audio I can get

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Welcome to the fray!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Cool story bro, Welcome to the forum!
    I appreciate your job as I have had family members affected by cancer that were successfully treated with radiation.

Looking forward to any build logs you may post.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Cool story bro, Welcome to the forum!
    I appreciate your job as I have had family members affected by cancer that were successfully treated with radiation.

Looking forward to any build logs you may post.
    Same here. Cancer runs rampant on mom's side of the family and radiation is a common word around here.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #6

Glad to be here!

I enjoy being on a patient’s team battling for their health using some cool tech. The bummer is when I have a child on the treatment table. Definitely puts somethings into perspective.

My interest in car audio sparked from spending so much time in SoCal traffic both growing up and now with my long commute to and fro work. Might as well make my 1.5 hr journey each way enjoyable with some audio bliss.

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome!
    MikeG

Current Rides:
    2015 Sonata Sport (OEM integrated system coming soon)
    2015 Chevy Traverse (Maybe a system later)

8. Back To Top    #8
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Quote Originally Posted by Bnlcmbcar View Post
    I never did an intro post when I came out of being a long time shadow user on diyma to being a more active user. So here’s quick one For CAJ I guess:

I’m Ben from San Diego, CA.

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=&amp]I was that tech geek kid in 4th grade who struck a deal with his parents to not receive any report card rewards, birthday gifts, or any gifts all year in addition to performing chores all year with no reward all to receive a Sennheiser headphone set. Then to do so again for a Grado Headphone set. All so that I could enjoy closed can or open air sound for different music.

Radiation therapy works but delivering doses of radiation to cancerous/tumorous tissue to denature the cancer cells. The aim is to eliminate the tumor, shrink the tumor, or prevent growth of a tumor. This radiation is usually delivered with equipment called linear accelerators that can shape and shoot photon beams.
    I got to see the usage of such a machine twice . We went three times and then wife passed away. Diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma in 6/2004 , passed on in 6/2004.

Welcome to CAJ ! Ben , physics is way cool .