Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which CLD to buy

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Nick

Re: Which CLD to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Ok, that's pretty impressive....and I don't say that guys very often.
    yeah, after i ran the sweep on the resonix and saw the result my jaw dropped. Before then we had only done side by side "knocking" tests. sds on one door, resonix on another. we knew the resonix was doing a better job at controlling resonance, but we didnt know to what degree. this was able to put a number on it. I admit, its not a perfect test by any means, but it was apples to apples.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

I'm looking forward to trying it even more now. I've used a few different CLD's before and I was disappointed when SDS closed because it performed well.
    Meh, it'll play.

3. Back To Top    #23

I’m sure I’m in the minority on this but I’ve been using a Noico for about 4.5 years and never had an issue. I run the 80 mil and sticks well. It’s butyl based so no smell. I had it for almost 3 years on my last car and now have it on my 18’ STI for about 1.5 years and still holding strong but if you do need to get to something in a door panel it will still pull clean and can be put back with no issues. My doors are solid and running Morel Comps up front with tons of bass. I cant speak for everyone but I think it’s great for the price. I ran SDS before and I can’t say it was better. I paid I think $60 on amazon for 36 sq feet of Noico. I’m always trying to find the best products for the best prices but there’s always a trade off. I’m been around car audio long enough to know good from bad. I purchased elemental designs CLD when they were still around and that stuff was horrible.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

The noico stuff isn't bad for the price, however, it also doesn't do a whole lot IIRC from the previous CLD test.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods