Thread: New sub or no new sub....

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: New sub or no new sub....

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    Ya, that is kind of my thought as well. I know I would gain about 3db by adding a second sub on the same power, but then would only have like 275w going to each sub. This is in the "optimal" zone though for JL's tw3 spec page.
    Ironically, I wondered about that too, but then like you said, checked the 10TW3 power handling, saw it to be right in that spot, and for some reason, I was thinking it was a 6db gain by going with a pair of subs, so by cutting power to each, but adding the second, thought you were about right with the possible 3db increase.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

3db for double power, 3db for adding a second, so only 3db for a second....however, I will be able to get more power out of two since my amp is not turned up all the way.. Right now I think I am only sending like 400w-450w to the 10 tw3. So there is an additional 100-150w on the table which would help too.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I also see arc audio has a shallow. Looks similar to the illusion audio c12 with the motor on the top

The sw 12
    https://creativeaudio.net/sw-12d2/
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I have narrowed it to the SWR-T12 or the TW3 12"
    Can someone model these for me compared to the 10" tw3?

5. Back To Top    #15
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-vMjw97...o-13TW5-3.html
    This has noticeable "output" increase from a 10 TW !

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I obviously wasn't happy with my sub output. I had it originally in the middle seat area up firing.

I was trying various locations to see if they made a difference. By Ear, passenger side was the best and down firing seemed better but I wasn't 100% sure. So, I decided to take some measurements and find out.

Here are those measurements. If you have a single sub and a f150 crew cab, definitely place it on the passenger side and down firing if you can! DO NOT PLACE IT ON THE DRIVERS SIDE!!!!!

This is all 6 different possibilities:

This is my before (center up firing) to my now (passenger side down firing). Gained 3-4db which is equivalent to doubling the power or adding a second speaker (not both)

This is passenger side up vs. down