Thread: Skar, Fosgate, or something else?

1. Back To Top    #1

Skar, Fosgate, or something else?

I've been doing research and reading reviews for the past few months trying to decide what subwoofers to go with. I was originally going to go with just a pre loaded enclosure like the MTX Terminators, JL Audio CP212-W0V3, Rockford Fosgate Punch P3, or Kicker CompC DCWC122.

However, now I'm thinking more of buying the subs and box separate. I have kinda liked everything I've been reading about the Skar EVL series and I've always been a Rockford Fosgate P3D4 fan.

As for enclosures I've found a few that seem to be good. The LAB SlapBox™ 3.50 ft^3 Ported MDF Enclosure Box, LAB PreFab™ 5.00 ft^3 Ported MDF Enclosure Box, and the LAB *PreFab™ 4.00 ft^3 Ported MDF Enclosure Box.

I don't have the budget for Orion or DH or the other high end subs I wish I could have. I'm looking to run 2 12" subs and have a budget of around $200 per sub or less and want something the bangs and turns heads from a couple blocks away.

Are my subwoofer and enclosure choices good for doing this? Is there another brand/series I should be looking into? Looking for some good thoughts and advice. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Skar, Fosgate, or something else?

I've heard horror stories about Skar screwing people over, but you know how things escalate on the interwebz. What kinda power will you be running?

https://www.soundqubed.com/shop/prod...378?category=6

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Skar, Fosgate, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by MuNchiezzz View Post
    I've been doing research and reading reviews for the past few months trying to decide what subwoofers to go with. I was originally going to go with just a pre loaded enclosure like the MTX Terminators, JL Audio CP212-W0V3, Rockford Fosgate Punch P3, or Kicker CompC DCWC122.

However, now I'm thinking more of buying the subs and box separate. I have kinda liked everything I've been reading about the Skar EVL series and I've always been a Rockford Fosgate P3D4 fan.

As for enclosures I've found a few that seem to be good. The LAB SlapBox 3.50 ft^3 Ported MDF Enclosure Box, LAB PreFab 5.00 ft^3 Ported MDF Enclosure Box, and the LAB *PreFab 4.00 ft^3 Ported MDF Enclosure Box.

I don't have the budget for Orion or DH or the other high end subs I wish I could have. I'm looking to run 2 12" subs and have a budget of around $200 per sub or less and want something the bangs and turns heads from a couple blocks away.

Are my subwoofer and enclosure choices good for doing this? Is there another brand/series I should be looking into? Looking for some good thoughts and advice. Thanks.
    With that budget, I can't really think of anything to recommend. Except maybe
    https://www.fuaudio.com/product-page/fu750v2-0-s-12
    or
    https://ficaraudio.com/product/alpha-v2-1-series/