Thread: Did I fry my DSP?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Did I fry my DSP?

Just this morning, I'm driving down the road, music playing, and suddenly a pop and my amps shut down. I figured I blew a fuse (even though its been like 10 years since I've popped one). Get home, test all fuses, and they are fine, however I cannot get my DSP to fire back up. No protect or power light, but no smell either. I'm now trying not to freak out, but am unsure of how else to test the unit.

Any help would be appreciated. FYI: Helix dsp.3 purchased from ebay (I have since learned a lesson about ebay purchases). Am I fucked?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Did I fry my DSP?

Tough to diagnose over the internet...

If you want to come by my place this afternoon, we can test it.
    PM me, and I'll give you my address.
    New Car... Stock Stereo

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Nick

Bench test it. That said, what kind of signal were you giving it? High level, low level, digital..?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

FIXED!!!

Huge thank you to JimmyDee and his magic fingers. ;-) He was kind enough to help me trouble shoot and we got it going again. One shitty connection and some embarrassment later, we are rocking out once again. Phew!

5. Back To Top    #5

Glad to help.
    New Car... Stock Stereo

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

That's awesome. I know you haven't had that dsp long since it just came out recently. This is what makes a truly GREAT community...people who are local reaching out to help when needed.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    That's awesome. I know you haven't had that dsp long since it just came out recently. This is what makes a truly GREAT community...people who are local reaching out to help when needed.
    I couldn't agree more! This forum has been amazing. I have only discovered this site a few weeks ago and numerous people have already taken extra lengths to help me learn and grow my enthusiasm for the hobby.

I had dumdum reach out to me a privately when I posted in the tuning sub, and we ended up Whatsapp-ing for well over an hour. He kindly and patiently answered countless questions on tuning, installing, theory etc. as well as, shared RTA graphs with his system and explained to me the nuances of crossovers, cancellation, reflections too. It was one of the nicest things anyone from the stereo community (local or otherwise) has ever done for me. I just can't thank him enough!

Skiz has been another guy who has answered countless questions (some good, some bad) from me and many others. He introduced me to this wonderful place and always takes the time to help. No matter how many times he gets asked the same questions ;-)

Thank you JimmyDee.
    Thank you dumdum.
    Thank you Skiz.

I'm excited to pay it forward one day!