Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMATS Amplifier - Replacing The Noisy Fan.

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Re: MMATS Amplifier - Replacing The Noisy Fan.

Just a quick follow up on the Noctua fan I installed in the 6150. The fan is absolutely dead silent, its pretty incredible. I used the low-flow/silent setting (cord choice) and the thing produces zero noise. It sits directly behind the front seats (less then 15 inches) away from my head and even without the amp cover on, I don't notice any noise. Worth every penny of the $22 or so.

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    Just a quick follow up on the Noctua fan I installed in the 6150. The fan is absolutely dead silent, its pretty incredible. I used the low-flow/silent setting (cord choice) and the thing produces zero noise. It sits directly behind the front seats (less then 15 inches) away from my head and even without the amp cover on, I don't notice any noise. Worth every penny of the $22 or so.
    Great to hear (or not hear)! Thanks for sharing
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    Did you take any before/after temp measurements? I know Noctua is silent but another conclusion could be it is silent because it is not moving enough air.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Did you take any before/after temp measurements? I know Noctua is silent but another conclusion could be it is silent because it is not moving enough air.
    Thats fair. I didn't take any before or after measurements unfortunately. If I find that the amp is shutting down thermally, I can always remove the low-flow cord and go full power. I believe the fan is something like 3700 low or 4500 full, and I believe the stock Mmats fan was 4000 rpm. In all fairness, the amp never got warm, let alone hot with the old fan. In fact, it is probably the coolest running amp I have ever owned. This was more about the noise then the temps.