Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50+" Table Saw Fence Recommendations....Biesemeyer/Delta, Vega Pro, Incra???

1. Back To Top    #1
    Late to the CAJ party customtronic's Avatar
    Vehicle
    2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8

50+" Table Saw Fence Recommendations....Biesemeyer/Delta, Vega Pro, Incra???

I have a great table saw but it only has a 30" fence. I've been wanting to build a very large table saw extension/work area...roughly 8' x 8' where I can throw on a 4x8 sheet and cut it accurately and safely with a 50 or 52" fence. I'll also incorporate a single router lift. I have two Rockler router lifts in a separate workbench that I will also be rebuilding with 3 JessEm lifts. I'll use one of my existing Rockler lifts with the new table saw bench. I'm undecided on which brand fence I want to go with. The choices I'm seeing in a google search are Biesemeyer/Delta BC50, Vega Pro 50, Incra LS52-TS, Shop Fox W1720, or ????

I'll add that a good price would be nice but that isn't a deciding factor. One thing that I don't mind spending money on is high quality tools. If you're reading this and are using a 50 or 52" fence which model are you using and what do you like or dislike about it?

Here's a pic of the Biesemeyer BC50 system

2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8|Custom Panny TX5500W Bottlehead|Zapco HDSP-Z16V DSP|HAT Legatia X and SE front stage|HAT C12 Subs|Zapco Z-AP amps
    1967 Mercedes 250S|Panny VX5500|Helix DSP|HAT Legatia SE and Clarus front stage|HAT C15 sub|Zapco Z-LX amps

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: 50+" Table Saw Fence Recommendations....Biesemeyer/Delta, Vega Pro, Incra???

If my Delta hadn't come with a decent Biesemeyer style fence, I probably would have gone the DIY route.

https://vsctools.com/diy-guide-rails/

https://vsctools.com/shop/product-ca...ble-saw-fence/

3. Back To Top    #3
    Late to the CAJ party customtronic's Avatar
    Vehicle
    2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Re: 50+" Table Saw Fence Recommendations....Biesemeyer/Delta, Vega Pro, Incra???

That's a great idea. I didn't even think about going the DIY route. Thanks for the links. Saves me $500
    2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8|Custom Panny TX5500W Bottlehead|Zapco HDSP-Z16V DSP|HAT Legatia X and SE front stage|HAT C12 Subs|Zapco Z-AP amps
    1967 Mercedes 250S|Panny VX5500|Helix DSP|HAT Legatia SE and Clarus front stage|HAT C15 sub|Zapco Z-LX amps

4. Back To Top    #4

I added a 50" biesemeyer fence to my delta contractor saw about 20 years ago and it has never let me down.

5. Back To Top    #5

I've got the shop fox on mine and i love it. only difference between it and the biesemeyer is it has uhmw guides and the BM has laminated plywood.

6. Back To Top    #6

I still have to install my Incra...
    It looks good though?,

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Eric

I've been thinking about doing just what you are talking about... I'm sure you've probably looked already, but there are tons of videos on youtube for building a large cabinet/outfeed for a table saw. So many that its hard for me to narrow down what ideas I want to steal

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Oooh I'm in for learning.. Having recently experienced the bliss and amazement of money well-spent on a table saw, I'm always in to learn some new tool stuffs.
    From what I've seen, for a portable table saw like mine, I'm going to do a set-in table for cutting the big sheet stuff or ripping long boards.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Marv
    Vehicle
    2016 Silverado Regular Cab

I had the "original" Biesemeyer on my Delta cabinet saw when I first bought it over 30 years ago and it was a great fence while I had it but I eventually switched to the Unifence due to it's versatility. That one worked great for nearly 20 years until I got my new Unisaw with the Biesemeyer but it was after they were bought out by Delta. The first extrusion had a piece of metal stuck in the nylon glide that gouged the top of my brand new saw. The second one they sent was twisted if I remember correctly and the third had a bubble in the laminate face making it useless as well. By this time I was seriously irritated so Delta sent a rep to see them all. He was even shocked at the crappy quality and I told him I would rather go back to the Unifence but they were discontinued. The newly redesigned Unisaw had just come out and had a redesigned Biesemeyer but he wasn't sure if it would work on my saw since the new one had a 28" instead of typical 27" deep table. I told him just send it and I would figure out how to make it work.
    When I received that one I noticed it was kind of a combination of the Unifence and Biesemeyer. The front guide tube was slotted aluminum and adjustable side to side like the Unifence and the extrusion was basically the same laminate face design of the Beisemeyer with a nicer handle. I had to drill new mounting holes but I got it installed and first thing I noticed is the extrusion was not square to the table in front but it was in the back. I thought I had another twisted one but when I put the straight edge on I saw the face protruded at the bottom near where the handle bracket was welded on but was flat at the top. This time I decided to just replace the plywood and laminate myself but after removing it I found the problem was the weld was not ground flat on the side. I ended up grinding that flat and added a uhmw plastic strip instead of the laminate covered plywood to use it while I searched for a Unifence. I eventually found a brand new one on eBay and added the Peachtree aluminum extrusion with the uhmw strip as seen. I've been using this one pretty much daily for about 10 years now and as with the first one it has been flawless. Almost forgot, I also checked out the fences on several different saws at the shop and most were basically Biesemeyer clones with the one on the SawStops being the best quality IMO.
    Almost forgot again, the slots in the front tube and extrusion allow you to easily attach all kinds of jigs and accessories (shown is my shop made adjustable support with uhmw strip that allows me to pull my shop made crosscut table further back without it tipping off the table)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191221_225227.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	519.8 KB 
ID:	8457 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191221_225242.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	601.6 KB 
ID:	8458 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191221_225310.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	608.5 KB 
ID:	8459 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191221_225358.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	642.0 KB 
ID:	8460
    Build Thread

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...Silverdo-build

https://www.instagram.com/mrmarvsplace/

Post count on a forum does NOT denote ones level of knowledge, skill nor experience..

10. Back To Top    #10

Carter Magfence II Universal Magnetic Fence
    Quote Originally Posted by customtronic View Post
    I have a great table saw but it only has a 30" fence. I've been wanting to build a very large table saw extension/work area...roughly 8' x 8' where I can throw on a 4x8 sheet and cut it accurately and safely with a 50 or 52" fence. I'll also incorporate a single router lift. I have two Rockler router lifts in a separate workbench that I will also be rebuilding with 3 JessEm lifts. I'll use one of my existing Rockler lifts with the new table saw bench. I'm undecided on which brand fence I want to go with. The choices I'm seeing in a google search are Biesemeyer/Delta BC50, Vega Pro 50, Incra LS52-TS, Shop Fox W1720, or ????

I'll add that a good price would be nice but that isn't a deciding factor. One thing that I don't mind spending money on is high quality tools. If you're reading this and are using a 50 or 52" fence which model are you using and what do you like or dislike about it?

Here's a pic of the Biesemeyer BC50 system

Great repository buddy, But i think its 2020 therefore we need to update so that new member can get better idea.
    Some more Table fence saw recommendations are:-

Shop Fox W1410 Fence
    Delta 36-T30T3
    Carter Magfence II Universal Magnetic Fence
    Dewalt DW745 Table Saw Replacement Fence Assembly

Complete info of some of these you can find in this blog. Quiet long in terms of relevance.
    Read that FAQ first that is What side should the fence be on a table saw?
    Might be helpful for many

Cheers