Thread: 50+" Table Saw Fence Recommendations....Biesemeyer/Delta, Vega Pro, Incra???

1. Back To Top    #1
    Late to the CAJ party customtronic's Avatar
    Vehicle
    2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8

50+" Table Saw Fence Recommendations....Biesemeyer/Delta, Vega Pro, Incra???

I have a great table saw but it only has a 30" fence. I've been wanting to build a very large table saw extension/work area...roughly 8' x 8' where I can throw on a 4x8 sheet and cut it accurately and safely with a 50 or 52" fence. I'll also incorporate a single router lift. I have two Rockler router lifts in a separate workbench that I will also be rebuilding with 3 JessEm lifts. I'll use one of my existing Rockler lifts with the new table saw bench. I'm undecided on which brand fence I want to go with. The choices I'm seeing in a google search are Biesemeyer/Delta BC50, Vega Pro 50, Incra LS52-TS, Shop Fox W1720, or ????

I'll add that a good price would be nice but that isn't a deciding factor. One thing that I don't mind spending money on is high quality tools. If you're reading this and are using a 50 or 52" fence which model are you using and what do you like or dislike about it?

Here's a pic of the Biesemeyer BC50 system

2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8|Custom Panny Bottlehead|Zapco HDSP-Z16V DSP|HAT Legatia X and SE front stage|HAT C12 Subs|Zapco Z-AP amps
    1967 Mercedes 250S|Panny VX5500|Helix DSP|HAT Legatia SE and Clarus front stage|HAT C15 sub|Zapco Z-LX amps

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: 50+" Table Saw Fence Recommendations....Biesemeyer/Delta, Vega Pro, Incra???

If my Delta hadn't come with a decent Biesemeyer style fence, I probably would have gone the DIY route.

https://vsctools.com/diy-guide-rails/

https://vsctools.com/shop/product-ca...ble-saw-fence/

3. Back To Top    #3
    Late to the CAJ party customtronic's Avatar
    Vehicle
    2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Re: 50+" Table Saw Fence Recommendations....Biesemeyer/Delta, Vega Pro, Incra???

That's a great idea. I didn't even think about going the DIY route. Thanks for the links. Saves me $500
    2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8|Custom Panny Bottlehead|Zapco HDSP-Z16V DSP|HAT Legatia X and SE front stage|HAT C12 Subs|Zapco Z-AP amps
    1967 Mercedes 250S|Panny VX5500|Helix DSP|HAT Legatia SE and Clarus front stage|HAT C15 sub|Zapco Z-LX amps

4. Back To Top    #4

I added a 50" biesemeyer fence to my delta contractor saw about 20 years ago and it has never let me down.

5. Back To Top    #5

I've got the shop fox on mine and i love it. only difference between it and the biesemeyer is it has uhmw guides and the BM has laminated plywood.

6. Back To Top    #6

I still have to install my Incra...
    It looks good though?,

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Eric
    Vehicle
    2018 Audi S5

I've been thinking about doing just what you are talking about... I'm sure you've probably looked already, but there are tons of videos on youtube for building a large cabinet/outfeed for a table saw. So many that its hard for me to narrow down what ideas I want to steal

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Oooh I'm in for learning.. Having recently experienced the bliss and amazement of money well-spent on a table saw, I'm always in to learn some new tool stuffs.
    From what I've seen, for a portable table saw like mine, I'm going to do a set-in table for cutting the big sheet stuff or ripping long boards.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did