Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Audi S5 Build Log – System by Steve Cook at Audio X

1. Back To Top    #61
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: 2018 Audi S5 Build Log – System by Steve Cook at Audio X

I was wondering when you were going to post updates, I've been watching the progress on FB. Just post the link to the video

2. Back To Top    #62
    Real Name
    Eric

These will be the last official "Audio X" updates, since I'll be picking up the finished product on Friday!

Steve added some CF rings to the back plate... they were a little plain

He also replaced the CF on the sub grille

Lit up and pretty

Finally, Steve took the car and had the windows tinted

3. Back To Top    #63
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Drool
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #64
    Real Name
    Eric

Well, it's official... I have the Audi back and am a happy camper!!! Of course, all credit has to go to Steve and his crew at Audio X , they definitely exceeded my expectations for a really good sounding system... it's much better than that! I feel like a couple of superlatives are necessary, so here goes;

Sound: Awesome! Just great overall tone and balance. Totally blown away by the AF GB25's.
    Volume: Holy $#!t... this thing gets stupid loud but stays composed... it goes much louder than I will ever play it!
    Bass: Again, Holy $#!t! I thought the rear window was going to blow out a couple of times... and Steve has the bass turned down, so if I want to go crazy, I have that option.

I also wanted to give a shout out to the Audio X competition team who lent their ears to the tuning which was done the old fashioned way, without DiracLive. Steve specifically mentioned that Kirk Profitt had tuned late into the night, so I appreciate everyones help! I was especially happy to hear that Kirk had spent time on the tune... I met Kirk back in 2013 at Grayson and Allys Atlanta GTG, and his Acura (at the time) has always been the benchmark vehicle to me. It did everything so well, and got loud AF with no hint of losing composure.

But I digress... thanks for indulging my diatribe! And again, in case I didn't make it clear, if you are looking for a first rate shop to do your install or freshen-up, Steve and Audio X are the guys!

5. Back To Top    #65
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Sounds like you had some mega heavy hitters tuning. So it was done full manual and no DL? If no DL was there something it was doing that wasn't playing nice with the vision they had for the tune?
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #66
    Real Name
    Phil
    Vehicle
    08 AMG E63

Top drawer no doubt! Beautiful vehicle and beautiful install..... and I know it's got beautiful sonics.

COMAND NTG 2.0 - Mobridge DA2 > toslink > Helix DSP.2 - NVX JAD 800.4 - Scanspeak R3004 - Scanspeak 10F - NVX JAD 800.4 - Silver Flute W17RC38 - NVX JAD 1200.1 - AE IB10AU

7. Back To Top    #67
    Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Sounds like you had some mega heavy hitters tuning. So it was done full manual and no DL? If no DL was there something it was doing that wasn't playing nice with the vision they had for the tune?
    Steve told me early on that he had never tuned a miniDSP before, so while he used the miniDSP software, he tuned by ear.

8. Back To Top    #68
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Wow, what a fantastic build! It never ceases to amaze me how much skill some folks have with car audio fabrication. Everyone involved with this project should be extremely proud.

9. Back To Top    #69
    Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by forty5cal1911 View Post
    Top drawer no doubt! Beautiful vehicle and beautiful install..... and I know it's got beautiful sonics.
    Thank you, appreciate it! I see you are from Columbia, hopefully we'll run into each other at @imjustjason's annual GTG around Labor Day in Nashville... unless you will be coming to @AfghanVet/bertholomey's GTG in May outside of Greensboro NC.

10. Back To Top    #70
    Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    Wow, what a fantastic build! It never ceases to amaze me how much skill some folks have with car audio fabrication. Everyone involved with this project should be extremely proud.
    Thanks, all I can take credit for is picking the equipment, Steve and crew did the rest. Honestly, my car is pretty tame compared to some of what Audio X has done;
    ErinH - https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...ll=1#post46567
    lowcell - https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...ll=1#post48235
    Scott Brazelton - https://www.facebook.com/audioxinc/p...type=3&theater