Thread: Anybody here with a CSS SDX12??

1. Back To Top    #1

Anybody here with a CSS SDX12??

How you run it? Opinions?
    Just thinking to give it a try in a sealed enclosure.
    Thank you!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anybody here with a CSS SDX12??

I ran one for years in a 1 cuft ported box on about 1200 watts. very nice sub.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
    I ran one for years in a 1 cuft ported box on about 1200 watts. very nice sub.
    MiniSQ, how did it compare to the GB10 subs you had ?

Free bump for mark. Ahh, I should model them.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    MiniSQ, how did it compare to the GB10 subs you had ?

Free bump for mark. Ahh, I should model them.
    I think it had more impact, and similar SQ. But it weighed a ton and thats the only reason i dumped it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by mark3004 View Post
    How you run it? Opinions?
    Just thinking to give it a try in a sealed enclosure.
    Thank you!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
    I've got 2 of them, 1.25 cubic feet sealed each, 1800 watts available each (rms), and I absolutely love them. They are what I have always wanted, an ultra low distortion subwoofer. They don't "sound" loud, but they are.

6. Back To Top    #6

I've always wanted one, but never any use for it, lol. Right now I got one SDX 10" that I've been meaning to test. Like other low-distortion subs, I'm sure it will please me, but I need to do something about that high Qts.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Oscar, The published specifications for that CSS driver is .42 QTS. Why do you think that’s high? Did you measure it and get something much different?

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Oscar, The published specifications for that CSS driver is .42 QTS. Why do you think that’s high? Did you measure it and get something much different?
    That was a previous iteration, I can only assume:

https://www.css-audio.com/online-sto...fer-p110031748

From my DATS V2

Even at 0.42, that's still high for my "ideal" preference since I am partial to vented boxes. Qts 0.28-0.32 always model better for me in vented/PR applications.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Ahh, good to know. I’m aware of a lower total Q affecting or being better suited for ported configurations yet I have had some great success with using drivers that are supposed to be better suited for sealed boxes when used in a ported box. I too just love ported boxes and am of the opinion that they are better for sound qaulity in an automobile because they produce a shit ton more output with less excursion and therefore less distortion when tuned low and with DSP intervention. I find it very difficult to find very low Q drivers that are designed for auto-sound because I’m guessing manufacturers are trying to appeal to both sealed box and ported box designs so they make a subwoofer that is a jack of all trades instead, and therefore sell more of them.

This is just my opinion based on some experience with a decent amount of subwoofer driver's.

Ford F150

Sienna