Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

1. Back To Top    #41
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

Re: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

If done correctly, a down firing box is fine. You just don't want to fire up onto the seat.
    Meh, it'll play.

2. Back To Top    #42
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Last edited by Queef; 11-28-2019 at 05:46 AM.

3. Back To Top    #43

The equation is 24,849/ (Xmax X fs2nd power).the ID10 V4 fs is 23.2 hz. Xmax is 17mm. As a general rule of thumb, if the sag exceeds 5% of the drivers xmax, it is not recommended to use a down fired configuration.

4. Back To Top    #44

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYBODY!!!! So I'm gonna run ID10 V4 like Smitty suggested. In a downfiring ported configuration. I'm gonna use this kenwood amp KAC-7204 in a mono 4 ohm configuration and series/parallel the 2 subs. My full range door speakers wont be amped. I probably already know this but the RCA cables are only for the door speakers right and have nothing to do with the subs?

5. Back To Top    #45

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYBODY!!!! So I'm gonna run ID10 V4 like Smitty suggested. In a downfiring ported configuration. I'm gonna use this kenwood amp KAC-7204 in a mono 4 ohm configuration and series/parallel the 2 subs. My full range door speakers wont be amped. I probably already know this but the RCA cables are only for the door speakers right and have nothing to do with the subs?
    If the door speakers are to be powered by the head unit, then your only use for RCA cables would be to feed audio signal from the HU to the sub amp.

6. Back To Top    #46

Thats what I figured. There is so much science into installs. I definitely give yall props for knowing all of this. If a problem can't be solved here then it wont be solved at all. I would probably take the time to study and master this if I did this stuff often but it's easier for me to give EQ specifics and desires and yall tell me what to buy LOL.

7. Back To Top    #47

For the Android users, what do yall think of their HUs?

8. Back To Top    #48

Why the thumbs down?

9. Back To Top    #49

After hearing some demos, I've learned that a sealed box is gonna be more for me. The bass is tighter and more to my liking. Also, I wont have to worry so much about the tuning of ports and all. My question now is, with the dual ID10 D4 V4, how much cubic space do I need for these particular subs, for them to work as should? Also, if I need a little room, would you recommend poly fil?

10. Back To Top    #50
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Packers 27,

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.net/id

250-350 RMS
    13.95 mm XMAX
    Sealed 0.4 cu ft-0.85 cu ft
    Ported 1.14 cu ft-1.62 cu ft

1/2" or 12 to 13 mm ( not ideal in a sealed box , but , will work for ported box ).

Excursion limited ?