Thread: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Thank you for the link. The best cable prices I have seen yet. I did check ebay for darvex and did not get expected results.

I will second bcae1.com. Great site.
    Sorry, on amazon now https://www.amazon.com/s?i=merchant-...A3J1PF183V710G

2. Back To Top    #22

So much great information. A fella from Caraudio.com sent me here. They didnt seem to have the patience with me and thats okay I guess. I couldn't be more pleased with how yall have taken the time to go over these elementary rules for building for me.

3. Back To Top    #23

Is there any benefit to wiring 4 ohm dvc subs parallel to 4 ohm on a 2 channel amp? They are already 4 ohm so I was just wondering. Also, I'd like to make sure what I'm doing it right. I'm going to parallel these subs and here is a description of a series/parallel. I want to know if this is exactly how to parallel, that's shown on this picture, and not both both examples in one picture. https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/s...s.asp?Q=2&I=42

4. Back To Top    #24

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    Is there any benefit to wiring 4 ohm dvc subs parallel to 4 ohm on a 2 channel amp? They are already 4 ohm so I was just wondering. Also, I'd like to make sure what I'm doing it right. I'm going to parallel these subs and here is a description of a series/parallel. I want to know if this is exactly how to parallel, that's shown on this picture, and not both both examples in one picture. https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/s...s.asp?Q=2&I=42
    Yes. Option 2 of your linked image is correct for a 4 ohm load. Each sub's two coils are wired in series with each other, for 8 ohms. Then those two sets of 8 ohm (combined) coils are wired in parallel with each other, for a combined/final load of 4 ohms.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    I read this post about five times since I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. If it's simply option A or option B, Grinder is correct. Option B is the way to go. This is also the way I would wire them if it were my install.

The only other way is to wire each voice coil parallel which makes each speaker a 2 ohm load. They would be connected to the amp in stereo and would yield the same 2 ohm per channel as the 4 ohm bridged mono configuration. I still say go option B.
    Meh, it'll play.

6. Back To Top    #26

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I read this post about five times since I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. If it's simply option A or option B, Grinder is correct. Option B is the way to go. This is also the way I would wire them if it were my install.

The only other way is to wire each voice coil parallel which makes each speaker a 2 ohm load. They would be connected to the amp in stereo and would yield the same 2 ohm per channel as the 4 ohm bridged mono configuration. I still say go option B.
    Hey Smitty. I was just wanting to know if series and parallel is the same thing or are they different? I was just making sure what example that picture was showing, since it was labeled series/parallel.

Also, I just want to make sure that a 4 channel amp is the best way to go to amplify 4 door speakers if I choose to do so

7. Back To Top    #27

Series/parallel is a wiring configuration consisting of a combination of both series and parallel. See: http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm

8. Back To Top    #28
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Series means sequentially or one after another. Voltage drops in this cofiguration. Parallel , voltage is high , amplifer works ,harder, hotter @ 2 ohms or lower ( More " hit " is the payoff !
    A 4 ohm dvc sub with both coils in series is 8 ohm load on amp. A dvc 4 ohm wired in parallel presents less resistance , allowing higher amounts of current.

9. Back To Top    #29

I knew that about ohms. Is 4 channel amp for 4 door speakers the easiest way to go for me you think? Sound quality is important to me. I do wanna hear clean music

10. Back To Top    #30

Yes.