Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

1. Back To Top    #171

Re: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    So with the RCAs in the RR and RL, I'm powering the door speakers? I dont want to do that. I dont want to power the doors speakers at all at this point. I want the amp to power the subs
    No, you'd simply be sending RR and RL signal to your sub amp, in order to (just as SublimeZ suggested) utilize your HU's front/rear fader as a sort of volume control for your subs.

2. Back To Top    #172

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    No, you'd simply be sending RR and RL signal to your sub amp, in order to (just as SublimeZ suggested) utilize your HU's front/rear fader as a sort of volume control for your subs.
    Yep

3. Back To Top    #173

Yep
    No idea what that's supposed to mean...

4. Back To Top    #174

That means the post before yours confused me and what you said was what I thought I already knew. So, its confirmation on what I was thinking

5. Back To Top    #175
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Right now you are at first base Packers27 , where do the runners try to get to in a baseball game or lil boys with lil girls ?

6. Back To Top    #176

That means the post before yours confused me and what you said was what I thought I already knew. So, its confirmation on what I was thinking
    I see what you mean. I find the majority of his posts confusing.

7. Back To Top    #177
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    With the RCAs in rear left & rear right you will be able to power door speakers ( fr or rear ) when you get to it and install a dedicated subwoofer amplifier !
    Seems to be a logical progression to me { a 'Strange Cryptic Cat' } ( but . . . What do I know )

8. Back To Top    #178

Let me go back to this topic, briefly. Sub manuals say that for optimum performance, these sealed enclosure need to be much smaller than what my box is. What's their definition of optimum? Some of yall tell me that a bigger box will sounds great. I was looking at some Rockford Fosgate R2D4 Prime Stage 2 subs and their manual says .59 cuft. Alot of the subs have numbers similar. I think the IDs even was around .60 - .80. My box would be 1.15. My goal is to have a good boom but not where it's continuous jarring. Say if I put these RF subs in that box, is my box too big or is this the goal? What's the best sound adjectives yall can explain this with from a box thats double the recommended size as opposed to their optimum size?

9. Back To Top    #179
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Got a "leaf" collecting garbage bag ? Got "anything" that is "NOT" pillow stuffing ?
    Open box and take up space with a solid object of some kind .
    Put sand, a bag of flour(unopened preferred ) , a bag of sugar ?

Put into box , close box with 'a space taker upper' inside.

Now big box has less cubic feet for sub to play in , it can be whatever """U""" imagine that hearing it play into could be !

Optimum. / Small. / Smaller still than optimum .

'How to test results ? Play the exact "same" song before U make box smaller by filling internal space up with [ NOT pillow stuffing ] .
    Why ?
    Because the musicality of the sub " had better sound " different in an "optimum" enclosure , than it does in a " twice as big box ".

Get a second person to listen to " Before & After ", did they " ' H E A R ' " a difference ?

Repeat as often as necessary ! Small/smaller/smaller still/tiny/tiniest . . .

Canned goods, bottles of water, pop . Whatever you can fit in box that will displace the volume of air.
    Last edited by Queef; 12-16-2019 at 05:38 AM.

10. Back To Top    #180
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

Sealed boxes have a range. Many manufacturers like Kicker, ID, and others list in that manner. They don't have catastrophic results if you are plus or minus a few cubic inches. A manufacturer may list a certain optimum for many reasons. In the example you posted: R2D4 in 1.2 ft3, things are going to go sideways very quick. Not good. The 6.5 mm xmax is a major limiting factor of that sub and I suspect this is why Rockford is recommending such a small box. A box .59 ft3 yields a Q of .937 which can actually work since your cabin size is small. This helps limit cone excursion; however, with 250 watts the excursion limit is reached at 77 Hz. The mechanical limit of this sub is reached around 100 watts or so. In 1.2 ft3, 50 watts is its limit. I double checked the specs on Rockford's site. It is what it is I suppose. It is not the end of the world the Prime series is a budget sub and compromises had to made I guess. At the end of the day, you can still listen to it, just be careful when rotating the volume knob.

Don't get hung up on the size of the box being too large. It really is just inserting a block of wood to tune it. I do it all the time.
    Meh, it'll play.