Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

1. Back To Top    #151

Re: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

Thanks Smitty !!! What kind of ideas do yall have on amp placement? The only room thats left is the little bit of room that may be behind the back of the seat ,next to the firewall. I'm NOT a fan of drilling holes through the metal. Someone mentioned to be before that a small piece of plywood liquid nailed to the carpet works well. Then simply screw the amp to the plywood. Is this the only way?

Also, how do you lay the backrest down, to work back there?

2. Back To Top    #152
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Buildlog ( pickup )

3. Back To Top    #153

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    Buildlog ( pickup )
    What is that Queef?

4. Back To Top    #154
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

In a truck , some have put the amp on a board ( sub box , rear wall , etc.., ) . If a picture of an amp screwed to a board is helpful ?

5. Back To Top    #155
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

I usually put amps wherever I can find that will work and not interfere with function or look of the vehicle. Lately everything has been going under seats. Mounting a board to the rear wall and using that for mounting is a good option.
    Meh, it'll play.

6. Back To Top    #156

I'm leaning towards screwing amp to the firewall, to be honest. I think I'd rather go that route than to completely destroy the carpet by putting epoxy or any other adhesive on it. Thoughts?

7. Back To Top    #157
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

8. Back To Top    #158
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

I'd mount it in rear area , to a board on rear wall.

9. Back To Top    #159

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    I'm leaning towards screwing amp to the firewall, to be honest. I think I'd rather go that route than to completely destroy the carpet by putting epoxy or any other adhesive on it. Thoughts?
    I wonder what you mean by "firewall" and/or where exactly on (and on which side of) said firewall you propose to mount the amp. In any case, I can hardly imagine gluing or otherwise bonding any sort of equipment and/or mounting structure onto carpet surface.

10. Back To Top    #160

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    I wonder what you mean by "firewall" and/or where exactly on (and on which side of) said firewall you propose to mount the amp. In any case, I can hardly imagine gluing or otherwise bonding any sort of equipment and/or mounting structure onto carpet surface.
    Firewall is what some call it. It's bench the bench seat under the back glass. My truck is a 3 door so 3rd door is on passenger side. Amp will go on driver side. I dont see how anything will bond to carpet either. It's just how ppl are doing it. I'm not crazy about trying or screwing to the firewall honestly. Since theres hardly any room back there, I might can just screw the amp on a piece of board and velcro it. Wonder the carpet would stick