Thread: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

1. Back To Top    #71
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Re: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    So do all of this from the inside box terminals and have a positive wire from one terminal and a negative from the other terminal, for a mono configuration to the amp?
    No. On the sub connect the + on one voice coil to the - of the other voice coil. Now connect the remaining + & - of the sub to the terminal inside of the box. Now run a +/- from the terminal outside the box to the amp (+ to + - to -). Repeat for the other sub/side of the box.

You should have 2 sets of speaker wires attached to the amp. One goes to one terminal of the box, the other wire to the other terminal.

2. Back To Top    #72

Quote Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
    No. On the sub connect the + on one voice coil to the - of the other voice coil. Now connect the remaining + & - of the sub to the terminal inside of the box. Now run a +/- from the terminal outside the box to the amp (+ to + - to -). Repeat for the other sub/side of the box.

You should have 2 sets of speaker wires attached to the amp. One goes to one terminal of the box, the other wire to the other terminal.
    Everybody is telling me different shit. Smitty said that this amp I'm using(Kenwood KAC7204) can be used to its max capability by bridging. 500 RMS at 4 ohm stable. I'm needing to series and parallel to do this. Someone tell me how to get the most out of this amp and how I can wire 2 subs together that is in closed chambers.(How is this possible without drilling a hole for wires to pass through from sub to sub)This is messing with my head. What configuration will give me the most power for this janky ass amp?

3. Back To Top    #73

Am I running subs in series and Parallel?

4. Back To Top    #74

With all due respect, you are misunderstanding what you're being told ...which is to simply wire each of your 4ohm DVC subs' pair of coils in series (+ of one coil to - of the other coil), and then connect each sub to the amp separately (via two separate pairs of wires, + to + and - to -), which will form the parallel portion of your necessary series parallel configuration (for a 4ohm combined load).

5. Back To Top    #75

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    With all due respect, you are misunderstanding what you're being told ...which is to simply wire each of your 4ohm DVC subs' pair of coils in series (+ of one coil to - of the other coil), and then connect each sub to the amp separately (via two separate pairs of wires, + to + and - to -), which will form the parallel portion of your necessary series parallel configuration (for a 4ohm combined load).
    Yes, I know Im over thinking it and it's got me frustrated. This is what I have in my head Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191208-001328_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	424.5 KB 
ID:	7980

I'm only seeing 2 wires left in this pic after they are wired together and then I thought these wires were bridged on the amp

6. Back To Top    #76

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	and-were-just-htr93j.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	7981

7. Back To Top    #77

Thank ye fella

8. Back To Top    #78
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

How bout some math on this one , hehe ? 4 ohm + 4 ohm = 8 ohms ( series).
    Now we do other sub the same way.

How do we get to 4 ohm final impedance ? Glad U asked !

Let's take 8 x 8 = 64 (over) 8 + 8 = 16.

64/16 = 4

9. Back To Top    #79
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	and-were-just-htr93j.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	7981
    He was one very chill guy, yup.

10. Back To Top    #80
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    Am I running subs in series and Parallel?
    Yes , you are !

Series each individual sub.

Now , connect both subs to amp . .
    . "Parallel".