Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: XBL^2 hype, so what’s the disadvantages

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Re: XBL^2 hype, so what’s the disadvantages

Oscar, they are not identical. Attached is the pdf with all the specifications included. Let me know what you want me to change and I can model it.Adire Audio Brahma passive radiator setup.pdf The ported box setup is already in the thread above as a pdf for comparison.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

2. Back To Top    #32

It's not that I want you to change anything, I was just curious as to the actual specifics of the alignment you chose to post up. As you can clearly see, BassBox isn't that good at creating an alignment for PR setup's; if it was it would be nearly spot-on identical to the vented alignment.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    It's not that I want you to change anything, I was just curious as to the actual specifics of the alignment you chose to post up. As you can clearly see, BassBox isn't that good at creating an alignment for PR setup's; if it was it would be nearly spot-on identical to the vented alignment.
    No worries, I would say it’s more user error than Bassbox Pro. I’m just not well versed enough in how to choose and model a PR box so I let the program choose a model and it even came up with a message saying it may not be right. The ported box I came up with myself due to vent size and velocity and the fb I chose for cone control based on the known attributes of cabin gain associated with most vehicles. It really just a personal preference of mine more than anything else.

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

4. Back To Top    #34

I ran the GB12 and loved and still do, currently running the Adire Audio Tumult 12". The GB12 is a great efficient sub that extends on the top end nicely, makes it a lot easier to tune for upfront sub. The Adire Audio Tumult 12" extends very low effortlessly but does not extend on the top end easily and makes it difficult to integrate to the front in terms of SQ, with some tweaking in tuning it's an awesome sub but is not as efficient and takes a lot more power to get the output the GB12 does with much less power.
    SQ Mazda 3 - Audiofrog, Arc Audio, Adire Audio
    2019 MECA California Street SQL Champion
    2019 MECA Car Audio Championship Street 3rd Place
    2018 MECA California Street Install Champion
    2018 MECA California Street SQL 2nd Place

5. Back To Top    #35
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Is power cheap enough to warrant a lower efficiency sub ?

NVX , Taramps , SounQube , etc ..,

6. Back To Top    #36
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    Is power cheap enough to warrant a lower efficiency sub ?

NVX , Taramps , SounQube , etc ..,

Initial thought is yes but then when you think of the money required for larger wiring, bigger electrical supply (possible alternators and batteries), and the fact that those larger amplifiers are bigger so they wont fit in as many places than I think it does matter. Also for many people on this forum (I think) the quality of sound reproduced really matters so then the cost of the amplifier likely goes up to ensure the quality of sound is good.

But there are very good and more efficient subwoofers that can reproduce bass faithfully to the original recording if set up properly that do not require a lot of power to do so. I have another thread on this forum with a few of those listed.

Ford F150

Sienna

7. Back To Top    #37
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Price is the main issue , coupled with "space" concerns ! Hence just keeping it simple or compromising !

8. Back To Top    #38

XBL^2 hype, so what’s the disadvantages

Ok I bit the bullet and I just got an Adire Brahma for a really good deal trying to figure out what to do for an enclosure. Should I try doing a 1.0 cuft with two PR 10’s or go the vented route. I have the 12inch D4 will be feeding it about 1200 watts from a Boston GT28. In my Tundra I’m just going to put my passenger side rear seat up when not in use. Would like to keep box small as possible but have about 1.3 cubes to play with. I’m a little on the SQL side. Giving up my Sundown sds 10’s up for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jaegearman; 01-29-2020 at 08:26 PM.

9. Back To Top    #39

I think I had modeled a Brahma 12 a couple months ago. Let me see if I can find the Akabak model with PRs.

10. Back To Top    #40

Awesome thank you Oscar! I’ve been traditionally a sealed guy. I figured what the hell let me try ported / vented for once. If I don’t like it I’ll go to sealed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk