Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: XBL^2 hype, so what’s the disadvantages

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: XBL^2 hype, so what’s the disadvantages

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegearman View Post
    Awesome thank you Oscar! I’ve been traditionally a sealed guy. I figured what the hell let me try ported / vented for once. If I don’t like it I’ll go to sealed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm interested to see what you think of the Brahma in a ported box. Please report back with your thoughts. JCAudio, member on here posted modeling results showing the Brahma doing equally well ported and sealed. I have a Brahma and a ported box sitting around waiting to be used also. Traditionally more a sealed box guy myself.

2. Back To Top    #42

Will do! I can’t wait actually

3. Back To Top    #43

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    I'm interested to see what you think of the Brahma in a ported box. Please report back with your thoughts. JCAudio, member on here posted modeling results showing the Brahma doing equally well ported and sealed. I have a Brahma and a ported box sitting around waiting to be used also. Traditionally more a sealed box guy myself.
    One question: What the hell are you waiting on?!

4. Back To Top    #44

The weekend actually! Weather permitting anyway. There is a 61% chance of rain today and 40% tomorrow. I’m in Florida so we’ll see. I can do a lot of it in my garage but cutting and box fabrication I prefer to do it outside. Should have got a flat box from parts express and added 2 10 inch radiators to the 1 cu sealed flat box.

Oscar was going to look it up for me to confirm if that work or just go vented

5. Back To Top    #45
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

I saw something recently that JBL may be bringing back their wGti model subs (although under a new model name and a little different cosmetic). I use a pair of the w15GTi's in my sled currently.
    These subs use a different patented technology called (DDD) Differential Drive design. They essentially use 2 separate voice coils- both in their own magnetic field. One above and one below. At a lower power, both are functioning and non-linearities are cancelled. When power (and excursion) are seriously increased, one coil may leave the gap but the other coil still controls cone movement. This ensures low distortion, great power handling and excellent performance even when played to the hilt.

6. Back To Top    #46

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    One question: What the hell are you waiting on?!
    I know...going to do a total re-do. Everything coming out and all new stuff going in.