Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Augusta, GA Nov 16th BBQ SQ meet and MECA 2X.

1. Augusta, GA Nov 16th BBQ SQ meet and MECA 2X.

So it's like this...

The weekend after Al's event I'm going to be at the house cooking BBQ. If you guys happen to show up and want to BS, have beverages, and listen to cars I'll have BBQ for you guys as well.

Just sign up so I know how much to cook. For travel 30815 will get you close. As we get closer to the date message me for the address.

Since none of you have been here before:

We're on 3 1/2 acres. I've got plenty of parking both on asphalt and on grass.

Power is available outside for those that may need it, but limited. If you think you'll need power bring an extension cord.

Will have ribs and pulled pork Saturday afternoon/evening for those that come.

If anyone wants to come to the place Friday afternoon/evening that's also fine.

Just give me a heads up if you are. Might have ribs Friday night as well.

Also: If you're bringing kids there is a pond on the property.

If anyone needs or wants to tune I have a couple of indoor spaces that can be used Friday night or Saturday. First come first serve for those spots.

This will also be a MECA 2X event for SQ only with the exception of SPL for the BOBOS guys. MECA info is here: https://mecaevents.com/events/2718

So plan on being ready around 9-10am and hanging out all day for food and such. Firepit and all that night. I'll have the gate open at 7am.

So yeah...bring the usual. Your car, camera, music, canopy, cooler, chairs, family.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pano.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	7617  

2. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Re: Augusta, GA Nov 16th BBQ SQ meet and MECA 2X.

Hate I had to miss it. I imagine it was a great great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

3. Back To Top    #12

Re: Augusta, GA Nov 16th BBQ SQ meet and MECA 2X.

Now that I've had time to recover...

I hope everyone had a good time. Seemed like it.

We had expected some of my wife's military friends to come but they didn't show so there was a lot of food for everyone. Hope everyone enjoyed it.

If I was scatter-brained I'd say I'm sorry, but it's honestly pretty normal for me. This weekend especially. I felt like there were a thousand things to do but in the end I think I could've relaxed more.

I couldn't tell you guys how many miles I walked on the property or how many flights of stairs I got in. My legs are saying "Quite a few".

The rain that was supposed to be here Friday and gone Saturday kept hanging around. Ended up with drizzle off and on all day Saturday. Not enough to make you seek shelter, but just enough to keep things wet. The nice weather we thought we were going to have Saturday came on Sunday - after everyone was gone. That system moved slower than they thought it would.

There were several new competitors and the usual suspects from here that we all know. I know Thomas, Chris, Al, and Nick competed for their first time. I think it may have been Josh's first time as well.

Had a couple of guys that have never competed in SQ come to have a chance to learn and listen to cars so that was a good thing.

As much as I wanted to get the Chevelle together there was so much other stuff I felt I needed to do so we'd all have a clean space to hang out and BS. The picture Jason posted above of the car is how it looked when I threw it together for Virginia state finals in 2018. I hadn't touched it since right after finals when I pulled the front apart to work on gauges and relocation of the horns/mids. There's a lot of work left on the car to do properly and instead of slamming it together to get it playing, I want to do it right and be done.

Anyway...

Just wanted to thank everyone for coming. Wife and I had a good time with everyone and Belladog loved the attention everyone gave her (because she's not spoiled at all is is completely attention starved ).