Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help setting up my system

1. Back To Top    #1

Lightbulb I need help setting up my system

I'm upgrading all the audio in my 2008 ford F-150 crewcab and I dont know what type of amp to get, I'm keeping the stock radio, I'm replacing the speakers with four 6×8 kenwood speakers with 360watts peak and 80 watts rms and they are 4ohm. I dont want to underpower my speakers, so can you please tell me what type of amp will get them to there full potential

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need help setting up my system

what kind of budget do you have? where did you want to mount the amp?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Pioneer D8704 and D9701 are very good. Rockford Fosgate Power series with constant power.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    Corolla

There is a new Kenwood XR400-4 power amp in the classifieds for $150 Shipped. This is a good deal on a very good amplifier and is IMO perfect for your needs.

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...5-XR400-4-Amps

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Mack
    Vehicle
    05 F150 Fx4

I have an 05 crew cab myself. The factory radio was not in my truck when I bought it, however I am pretty sure the don't provide a line level output.
    Do you have a line out converter? If not you will need one with that Kenwood. Having said that it should meet your needs very well.

6. Back To Top    #6

Well i need something around a $150 budget, and I want something new from amazon or something so if something is wrong I can ship it back.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pool View Post
    Well i need something around a $150 budget, and I want something new from amazon or something so if something is wrong I can ship it back.
    With a budget of $150, Pioneer GM-D8704 offers the best value.

If buying from Amazon, it may be a good idea to buy from an authorised Pioneer reseller.

Sent from my SM-P585 using Tapatalk

8. Back To Top    #8

https://www.amazon.com/Subwoofer-Pac.../dp/B01N9UK4ZL

I found this and it has the exact same rms, dosnt show max power though, will this work?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

No. You don’t want to mess with CT Sounds, and you don’t want to care about max power. The Pioneer GM-D8704 is going to be your best bet in this situation, and when dealing with car audio, you should only be concerned with rms.
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

10. Back To Top    #10

https://www.amazon.com/Subwoofer-Pac.../dp/B01N9UK4ZL

I found this and it has the exact same rms, dosnt show max power though, will this work?