Thread: Rew Auto filters keeps saying .... more than 10db below target

1. Back To Top    #1

Rew Auto filters keeps saying .... more than 10db below target

I can't seem to get my white noise measurements to have the correct level, REW is always telling me most of my signal is more than 10db below taregt level.

I am using miniDSP UMiK-1 to measure with REW on a late model macbook pro.

I measured with this mic a few years ago and never had this kind of problem.

I have read a bunch of threads on using REW and thought I knew what I was doing, ha ha, no such luck.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rew Auto filters keeps saying .... more than 10db below target

Quote Originally Posted by chiefgeek View Post
    I can't seem to get my white noise measurements to have the correct level, REW is always telling me most of my signal is more than 10db below taregt level.

I am using miniDSP UMiK-1 to measure with REW on a late model macbook pro.

I measured with this mic a few years ago and never had this kind of problem.

I have read a bunch of threads on using REW and thought I knew what I was doing, ha ha, no such luck.
    It often says that, just click OK and keep going. Don't worry, I have been using REW for three years with great results, but I still don't know what I'm doing... Lol

You mean pink noise, right?
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #3

Have you set the from and to bit to specify where you wish to auto eq? For example if your auto eq’ing a tweeter and you don’t specify from 3k to 20k and have a 3k hp crossover applied then the lower region will often be regarded as too low in level as it thinks you wish to eq the sub/mb/mid area as well

i hope he means pink noise too though

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Nick

1) i really hope you mean pink noise

2) what level is your response at, and what level is your target at? is your Y Axis at a high enoough resolution to see an actual difference in level (common mistake.. "measured my setup and the response is perfectly flat!").. if theyre actually close, check your "match to" settings. you might be telling rew to eq the wrong frequency range.

5. Back To Top    #5

ROFL. OMG I thought the white noise was a slip but I checked my signal generator app on the phone and sure enough I had white noise selected.

I am sure that is why I could not get much of a response. My measured response level was 50-60 at near max volume.

Target level was around 75db.

I am trying to use a sub house curve, mid house curve, and tweeter house curve
    Last edited by chiefgeek; 11-04-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: left some info out

6. Back To Top    #6

ROFL. OMG I thought the white noise was a slip but I checked my signal generator app on the phone and sure enough I had white noise selected.

I am sure that is why I could not get much of a response. My measured response level was 50-60 at near max volume.

Lol! Did it make you sleepy at least?!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #7

take a picture of the settings and the graphs with decent resolution just prior to clicking the ‘do the auto eq process button’ it may well be a setting that’s wrong

or if you wish send me the files to my email and I’ll have a look (once youve measured it with pink noise) and post what I’d do on here if you wish? See if I can suss what’s not quite right. Drop me a pm if you wish, happy to have a look ����

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    take a picture of the settings and the graphs with decent resolution just prior to clicking the ‘do the auto eq process button’ it may well be a setting that’s wrong

or if you wish send me the files to my email and I’ll have a look (once youve measured it with pink noise) and post what I’d do on here if you wish? See if I can suss what’s not quite right. Drop me a pm if you wish, happy to have a look ����
    Sounds good. It is my daughters car and she won't be back til thanks giving for 1 day and maybe a weekend at christmass, so it will be a while before I can test again.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Nick

this is how you blow speakers. be careful.

also, adjust the target level in rew